Four Seasons Golden Triangle

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Seasons Golden Triangle

Hi! Thinking of staying here as part of our Thailand trip in January, but given the very steep rates would love to hear from someone who has actually stayed there. Thanks!
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:20 AM

It will depend on what you're looking for, time of year for your visit and your expectation.

When the Four Seasons started the tented camp I was very excited. Then I went to Kenya to experience what "real" luxury camping was about and then decided to spend a few nights at Four Seasons to compare.

If you want luxury, excellent service, good food and mediocre inclusive wines then you will be happy at the Four Seasons tented camp. If you start to ponder why build a tented camp here and see very little wild life, except for domesticated elephants and unless you visit between November and January, then it will not be worth it IMHO!

Wonderful being in the North of Thailand during our winter months and if your budget permit then why not. If you are seeking a once in a life time tented camp experience then go to Kenya or Tanzania!
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:25 AM

"go to Kenya or Tanzania" during the migration!
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:26 AM

The rates are too high for me! If you want to be in that area and interact with elephants, consider the Anantara at the Golden Triangle. Beautiful place - not camping - and with elephants on-site.
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses, and sorry for the delayed response on my part! We haven't finalized our plans yet, but we are very excited about this trip!!!
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 10:15 PM

We loved the Anantara - amazing up close and personal elephant experience. We were there in late December and it would have been way too chilly for a tented camp.

And, if you're an animal lover, here's another plug for Kenya during the migration. I've traveled all over the world and nothing can compare.
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 07:28 AM

My husband and I also stayed at Anantara for two days and loved it - especially meeting the elephants. Then, we went ten minutes away to Chiang Sean and stayed in a cozy, affordable family-owned hotel for a few more days, Viang Yonok. Here's our trip report: http://latitudeb.com/golden-triangle-thailand/.