Search

Flights from Hanoi to Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
fb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flights from Hanoi to Bangkok

We are going on a Cambodia-Vietnam tour with Friendly Planet this November and have booked a week in Phuket at the end of the tour. We arranged with FP to fly home from BKK, but need to make our own travel arrangements from Hanoi to Phuket and Phuket to BKK. Round trips flights from BKK to Phuket are relatively cheap and frequent, but the pickings are slim from HAN to BKK. I can fly on Thai Airways for $409 pp one way, $203 on Vietnam Air, and $93 on Air Asia. The problem is that I am finding it impossible to book that great rate online with Air Asia as it seems to not accept US credit cards. Does anyone have experience with this airline or does anyone have other suggestions for traveling between Hanoi and Bangkok?
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM

Do a search here on Air Asia. Lots of people here have flown them, lots of people have had trouble with the online booking. But it is possible - you may have to call your credit card company, you may have to use a different browser, but you'll eventually be able to book your Air Asia flights.

Do know that Air Asia flies point to point. So when you reach Bangkok you'll have to go through immigration and customs, pick up your luggage, go to the Air Asia counter and recheck your luggage for your flight to Phuket. Air Asia will not transfer your luggage.
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM

I was unable to book Air Asia on line as well. They do accept US credit cards, however. I actually had someone else charge the flights for me. Other things that have worked for people are using a different computer or browser and trying a different credit card. Good luck - we flew several Air Asia flights on a recent Malaysia and Singapore trip and they were fine.
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 01:24 PM

i have flown bkk to hanoi on air asia and it was just fine...

i have had trouble purchasing tickets from them too.... just use internet explorer without any other servicer and i think you will find it works... also do it at a time when their offices might be open so the computers are working properly
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
fb
Original Poster

Thanks for the encouragement. I persisted and on the 5th credit card (Southwest Airlines Visa by Chase), it went through.