EXCELLENT Bali Driver and Guide - Highly Recommended

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have benefitted so much in the past from other Fodors recommendations I feel I must share our recent, unforgettable trip to Bali due to our driver Putu Sudiana. You can visit his website at http://www.yourbalidriver.com/ or email him at [email protected] . Our first trip to Bali we were so fortunate to have Putu serve as both our driver & guide everyday. We are primarily indendent travellers, but really felt that our limited 2 weeks in Bali would be best spent with the company of an honest, knowledgeable guide. Not only does he speak great English, have extensive knowledge of the entire island, extremely reasonable, but he truly has a way to make you feel so comfortable and at home- honestly his primary purpose is to make sure you are having the best time you can. He has years of experience working with a reputable Bali company and has started his own transport & guide business. Happy to share our itineray photos, and any other questions if you'd like.
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 06:27 AM

If you're considering using a driver/guide while travelling through Bali, then I can recommend my favourite driver in Bali. He has been recommended on the travel forums (VT,TT,LP) before, and I found him to be an extremely helpful, friendly and trustworthy guide for my 3-week trip in April. I visited many of the usual and most interesting spots. His website is http://www.thebalidriver.com
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 04:37 PM

Hi Steph,
I am planning a trip to Bali with my friend for my 40th birthday in Feb. We are 2 female travellers. Can you tell me where you stayed? Area and hotel?Did your driver take you somewhere different evryday? A copy of your itienary would be helpful
Jolly
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM

Joly dee-My husband & I spent an incredable week in Bali in Dec. We stayed at atimeshare but they rent out units as well. Thier web site is www.ristabali.com They have lovely grounds-a spa on site and a restaurant. If you walk to the beach and trun right there is a restaurant on the beach called Ma Joley-a Franchman owns it. We were sorry we didn't find it until the end. Our guide Puta came to our resort to pickusup for tours-the beach close to the resort didn't seem that clean but he took us to a wonderful beach with white sand beaches and umbrelals.I only wish we had longer than a week. Everything there was inexpensive-the people are friendly-the spa services were very inexpensive. My friends and I had treatments almost every day.Chris
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 03:19 AM

check also with independant driver in Indonesia or Bali with [email protected]

I was hiring him for our family trips around Bali and Java.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM

I will be heading to Bali in August and am planning on hiring a driver as well. Thanks for the great recommendations.

One question, how far in advance did you book your driver? I dont want to miss out on the good ones because I wait too long.

Thanks!!
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. The idea of missing out on a driver in Bali has me laughing. You will laugh too when you find yourself walking along the sidewalks of Bali only to want to turn the volume down on the calls of transport drivers yelling, "Tansport?" in the background wherever you go. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

"Transport?"

"Transport?"

"Transport?"

"What about 'tidak' do you not understand?" (Tidak means no.)

All of this is to your advantage, however, as instead of paying Rp. 400.000 - 600.000 a day for a driver at your hotel, you can find suitable drivers on your own for the generally accepted price of Rp. 100.000 per full day, including petrol.