Early Check-In Singapore

Search

Early Check-In Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Check-In Singapore

Do they let you check in early? We will arrive at 6:30 a.m. and plan on staying two night. Our plane leaves at 13:10. What time should we leave the hotel? Not sure how traffic is there.

We're going to be on SQ. What do you think of the fly and stay package: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U.../US/index.jsp?
How are the A&B hotels like or should we think on C?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Last time I was at Changi they had Early check in counters, pressume still the same.
What time you leave your hotel depends where you stay, allowing plenty of time for say a 2 hr check-in 1030 should be fine.
As a rough ballpark idea and average stopover 3 star hotel should be about SGD 140-170 a night for 2 including tax, service and breakfast.
If you get a hotel close to MRT all the better but like any Mass Transit not really suitable with heavy baggage, but a taxi downtown should be in the region of SGD 22-30 so quite reasonable to take a taxi, there is also the Airport bus that serves certain hotels, I don't know the current fare but it used to be SGD 7 per person, if I am on my own I use the MRT but with family we simply take a taxi.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:10 AM

That stopover package include airport-bus transfer both ways, the SIA hop-on bus, quite a few free entrances like the Zoo, Jurung Bird Park etc, so far so good.

USD 66 1dt night and USD 74 nights for Allson is quite good rate, but USD 120 for Rendezvous seems over the top.

In 'A' they off Allson and the Pen Excelsior which are quite ok, thre Allson is what I would term a good stopover hotel, s/pool, large, probably over 400 rooms, very popular for those with a few days, just looking very quickly the A and B hotels seem quite reasonable but the others seem not so hot deals.

If you are getting those free entrances it's a bonus, I guess all in booking with your flight, getting the transfers etc quite reasonable.
Breakfast isn't included but they offer 50% off Coffee shop prices.

You could hunt around for a better hotel deal, might be possible, but with those extras looks reasonable, unless you want real lux those in A are quite ok, I know the Allson well, near Bugis, for USD 66 1st night and then 74 following nights seems ok.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the hotel info. I thought the package through SQ was reasonable since it includes the free passes which we intend to use. We are interested in the zoo, gardens, and some other landmarks which doesn't cost anything. I love the food in Singapore, never had anything horrible, even from the food courts.

Is it safe to eat anywhere? I'm just concerned about my little girl. First time overseas.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 07:02 AM

hello...you can check out this website that has some information about singapore.

www.travellingtoes.com

i like the free "complete packing list" as i seem to forget to bring some essentials on my trips.

Check it out...