Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have any experience with Orient Flexi-Pax Tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are three women planning this trip to China and the agent we are using is Orient Flexi-Pax Tours make arrangements. Has anyone used them and, if so, what was your experience with them?
Thanks!
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM

I used them for a trip to Thailand and Burma in 2006. The arrangements in Burma were ok, but Thailand (sorry to say) was mediocre at best. Guide was too casual for my taste.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:44 PM
kja

Are you committed to using a tour service? Many of us have found it surprisingly easy to travel in China independently.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 09:56 AM

Myself and my family (3 children between 3 and 14) used OrientFlexiPax back in May and were very happy with the service they offered.

My daughter has some unique dietary needs and the support team ensured that every last detail was taken care of which we appreciated. Beyond that they were attentive and ensured that our special requests were taken care of.

The China tour itself was the special deal on their site - it was 11 days and included Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai. Meals were provided and some sightseeing tours also - the sightseeing in Tiananmen Square was nice and the Great Wall was quite spectacular. In my view, it's really worth taking a guided tour especially in places like China.

My family always do this (we used a company called LaTour last year for Peru an would not have enjoyed the experience as much had we tried to venture by ourselves and without knowing the right spots).

The exact itinerary we used with them was this one:

orientflexipaxtours.com/china-deluxe/
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM
kja

"The China tour itself was the special deal on their site - it was 11 days and included Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai. "

Sounds WAY too rushed for me!

"it's really worth taking a guided tour especially in places like China."

Actually, there are a LOT of reasons to AVOID taking guided tours in China. There are LOTS of posts about the reasons to avoid tours in China, whenever possible, on this forum.

That said, the OP posted more than 1.5 years ago -- I could be wrong, but I doubt that she is still seeking input.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
traveljon seems to have registered for the sole purpose of reviving this very dead thread and extolling a tour in China. Best ignored.