Reload this Page >

Difference between economy & business class

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Nikki

Hi, <BR><BR>I am leaving next week for Okinawa and will be flying Northwest from Detroit to Osaka. Since I have never taken an international flight I am wondering how cramped we will be in economy and if I should try to upgrade to business. Any suggestions on the best/cheapest way to upgrade would be appreciated.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:24 AM
ryan

If you can afford it, the upgrade is well worth the cost. Otherwise, try and use FF miles. <BR><BR>Assuming you are on a 747, the seating configuration in coach is 3-4-3. If the plane is full, forget about getting any real sleep. <BR><BR>In business, its probably 2-2-2 and the seats probably recline further. You'll also <BR><BR>I flew roundtrip, in First Class on NW, from NYC to Tokyo. When I arrived back in New York, I was wide awake and vibrant after several hours of uninterrupted sleep. The people in coach looked like hell after 13 hours.<BR><BR>Flying in Business Class will help with jet lag.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Kathie

International economy class is very similar to domestic economy class. International business class typically has even more space per seat than does domestic First class. The seats are wider, much farther apart, the seats have lumbar support controls, moveable headrests and foot rests. Being in Business class will make all the difference in terms of how comfortable you will be in flight and how you feel when you arrive.<BR><BR>Using frequent flier miles to upgrade the the least expensive way to do it, as mentioned above.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Bill

If you are going coach, request one of the rows by a door. You can stretch way out. The seat right next to the door (the window seat) is the least comfortable, because the door has a bump in it.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Hanuman

I think it depend on your physique - I'm 6.1 and I weight 195 l.b. hence I find economy class impossible to sit in.<BR><BR>NW no longer offer 1st class services they have something call the "world business class" - a hybrid of business and 1st class. It does offer good recline and you will be able to get some good nap. For information on Business and First class seats try this web site: http://members.tripod.com/~Cassiopee/sleepersintroduction.html<BR>