Devi Garh Hotel

Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:39 AM
Mika

Devi Garh Hotel

Has anybody stayed at the Devi Garh Hotel near Udaipur, Rajastan???? What did you think about it? Some people say it is beautiful and others hated it. Why? We are going to Rajastan and dont know if we want to stay there. Thank you-Mika

Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:41 PM
Susan

I am interested too. There was a brief article about it in this month's Australian Vogue magazine.

Oct 6th, 2004, 12:25 PM

Why do others stay at Devi garh and why did they hate it?
should I stay at Udai Vilas the whole time instead?
Thanks
I need to know soon ... leaving next week
Thanks
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:57 PM

Neeza,
We're staying three nights in Udaipur and then one night at Devi Garh on our upcoming trip. We're staying there because of the modern design and the food which has been recommended. It look entirely different from anything else in Rajasthan.

I don't know what the previous poster was refering to...I have found very little in the way of personal reviews on the hotel.

I suppose if you didn't like a modern aesthetic the place might not be for you. One of the most helpful reviews I found was at a British site i-escape.

http://www.i-escape.com/minihotel.php?hotel_key=IS051

Hope this helps.
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM

The experiences are comp different - Udai Vilas is in the center of the town, on the banks of the lake, reached by a boat ride. The attempt has been to recreate architecturally an era bygone - service, uniforms, everything follows this theme. We stayed there in 2002 and loved it. Devi garh is different but in its own way equally beautiful - more modern, minimalist - gorgeous. See it in Hip Hotels of the World 2003. If you are up to it Well Traveled Brits idea of splitting time is a good one - I would also note that locationally they are situated near different things. I would also make the decision based on other properties you have chosen in Rajasthan on your trip - if you are staying at other Vilas properties you may enjoy the change at Devi Garh.
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:11 PM

Hobbes,
did you try the spa at either Devi Garh or Udaivilas? If so which would you recommend?

Thanks!