Custom tour Southeast Asia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a well traveled, congenial retired couple residing in Arizona. We just completed designing and booking a custom 36 day tour with a reputable SE Asian tour company. We will visit Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia, departing on 2/27/06, returning 4/3. We will be in an A/C private car with driver/guide throughtout the tour.
As four people would be less expensive than the two of us, we would consider having another couple join us.
Anyone with serious interest, please email us at [email protected] with any questions. We'll get back to you.
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 07:29 PM

make sure the car you travel in is comfortable for 4 people...many in SEA are not...
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 04:35 AM

I'm guessing there won't be any takers on this. For one thing that's a long time to be away- not a lot of people have that much time and those that do may not be comfortable traveling for that length of time. Also this sounds to be an expensive affair, which again will limit the universe of folks able to go. I agree with Bob on the car issue- if you do get another couple- make sure you are in a full size car- which for SE Asia is probably a Mercedes or a van.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 04:56 AM

I think people would have to know the cost of all this before they could considor it.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 05:04 AM

People would need to know the OP well before they would consider. Going on a 36 -day trip with two strangers is a disaster waiting to happen. [No hurricane joke required.]
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 05:20 AM

i'm making up my own group but we need a mini-bus----

gpanda will be the driver---make sure you have health insurance

billT will be in charge of arrangements for handbag (fake) shopping and res at lady boy

gloria would have a very special seat up front for good people watching and hill tribe interface

carol would be in charge of chili on demand and might serve as the entertainment committee chairman

guenmai would be in charge of hotels by the day and hand cream for all

craig would be in charge of financing our lifstyles for longer term visits

orgy----well, orgy would be in charge of typing lessons and giving me personal spelling lessons as well as the location of all internet cafes...

jamesA would be overall co-ordinator and frontman

lyndie would keep us all in line

laurie would be in charge of leech sock procurement and general wardrobe issues

kathie would be in charge of medical updates and tower room accomodations as well as artistic issues concerning photography

i would be in charge of nothing except for keeping all the rest of our unnamed fodors friends entertained and updated on marriott happenings

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. All points totally valid and well taken. As for the car, they have a 7 seat van for 4 passangers + driver & guide. Concerning the cost, I thought if there was any interest, I would certainly respond with a price. For those interested, the tour plus all airfares including R/T LAX-BKK is less than $8500 for the two of us. Meals not included,A/P taxes, Visa & gratutities are extra. Perhaps the most valid point is getting along with "strangers." That is a concern. We're easy to get along with. We would need the other couple to be as easy going. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Bob, head count please--need to know how many pairs of leech socks to get.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 12:54 PM

Free rooms for everyone at the Marriott ! Yippee...

Co-ordinator! Now that I will have to remember! Can't I be in charge of entertainment ? Ah maybe Orgy should handle that side.....

Serious to Artmarth, just a quiery, is this one vehicle supposed to take you to 'all' those countries? Although some borders such as Thailand into Malaysia and Thailand into laos just for day trips is 'reasonably' easy which country is the vehicle 'from'.
Is it Right-hand Drive or Left-Hand drive? Thailand needs Right hand Drive and I 'think' Myanmar but I thought Laos/Vietnam and Cambodia needed left hand drive ?( sure someone will correct me here ).
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Dear James A--- Thanks for the serious query. We are met at each A/P on arrival with a new guide/driver in each country, as well as within each country.
Having checked with others who have done similar tours (multi country), everything worked out very well. We anticipate it will work fine for us as well