cost of travelling in Thailand

Feb 15th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

cost of travelling in Thailand

My wife and were last in Thailand in the spring of 98. If anyone out there was in Thailand in 98 and recently, how do the prices compare.
Feb 15th, 2005, 07:53 PM

i have been almost every year since about 1995 and i do not see that the prices have changed too much...this year i do think the hotel prices have gone up a bit but other than that prices have stayed reasonably the same...thailand has had a difficult time for about 10 years and their prices reflect this...
Feb 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM

i should add that airfares within the country are down significantly because of new budget airlines on the scene..
Feb 16th, 2005, 06:28 AM

The prices aren't much higher except perhaps hotels.
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:50 AM

The base fares domestic with Thai only increased slightly but with the new budget carriers offering such low fares even Thai has dropped many fares back to the level of the late 90's. Bus and train travel has remained fairly much the same. Although hotels have gone up thi has been balanced by a lot of new places and more competition, so you can still get about the same prices as then. Fuel though 'has' gone up a lot but it did not have too much effect on road fares. Otherwise things are fairly much the same pricewise as then.