Reload this Page >

Comments on Trip to Thailand Sept 2001

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 12:10 AM
Lisa

Hi All <BR>Recently came back from Thailand. If you want tips, have queries, etc, please write. I did get quite sick over there (food poisoning, jellyfish stings and a 2 day stay in hospital) so I can also give you advice about that. BTW Thailand wasn't at fault! <BR>Cheers <BR>Lisa :^)

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 01:24 PM
DNC

Hey Lisa <BR>Sorry you have had so much trouble in Thailand. Can you explain what happens - we are going there in the beginning of november. Any suggestion is welcome. <BR> <BR>bye bye

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 03:34 PM
lynn

Lisa - <BR> <BR>What happened? <BR> <BR>Don't leave us in suspense! <BR> <BR>Also, tell us some of the highlights. What was your favorite thing? Favorite food? Favorite shopping place? Favorite thing you bought? <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Karin

My husband and I were thinking of going to Thailand the first two weeks of March. In past travels in Europe and Vietnam, I've put my own itinerary together based upon the Internet and a guide book, and it was fun. This time, though, I feel overwhelmed because I'm not familiar with the language or culture. Thinking of consulting a travel agent who "specializes" in SE Asia, but am unsure of what she can come up with. What about tours? We're in our 20s/30s, love to seek out the local experience and culture, and LOVE food. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 02:37 AM
Monkey Magic

Don't bother with tour packages. Just get out there! Go to Krabi, Koh Samui, Ko Phi Phi, you will love it. It's an easy country (and cheap) to get around. Buses are generally good, flights are shockingly cheap. And if you fly from Samui, you get to see the coolest airport i've ever been to!! Enjoy!!!

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 08:49 PM
linda

tell me your highlights. where did you go and how did you get there? what to avoid. did you hear of any malaria? what made you sick?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 03:01 AM
Ginie

HI Karin <BR>I'm living here in Bangkok, Thailand. Frankly speak nothing to scare of Thailand. People here are so friendly and wamth welcome foreigners. People here actually put high effort to communicate with foreigners in English. There are many fantastic places in Thailand. If you have been planning headed here do take chance to view something different.You will never regret to spend every penny because every here are so cheap.But bargaining is needed. One important thing to tell you is if you are not familiar with spicy food please don't take much and avoid food along the street. <BR> <BR>Ginie

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 03:33 AM
Kristin Winslow

Oh yes, please send me your report. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>-Kristin

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 06:53 AM
John

Let me just say Thailand is very safe, and is one of the most betiful places on the Earth. Instead of writing about maladies (and I have lived in for decades and suffered more than I cold) why not write about what you did enjoy. <BR> <BR>As you yourself said Thailand was not at fault so why not focu on the positive. <BR> <BR>Also just to let you know Thailand has some of the best medical care in Asia, and it is very advanced and regarded as world leader in some aspects of medicien. <BR> <BR>John <BR>SuiteAsia.com Travel Community

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 06:49 PM
susan

Hi Lisa, <BR>I would like your trip report. I'm curious. What foods made you sick. What should I stay away from. And where did you go to get stung by jelly fish. I love to snorkel and now I'm a little worried. Can you elaborate on this. Thanks Sue

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:14 PM
denise

Hi lisa - would love to read about your trip, my daughter and I leave mid december for 6 weeks CANNOT WAIT <BR>Many thanks

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 04:00 PM
joanne

Hi, Can I ask a question about eyeglasses. Do you, or anyone reading this, knowknow if it would be possible to have an eyeglass prescription filled in BKK? I have a frame I like and am wondering if it would be less expensive to have the lenses made in BKK. Will be there for 2 weeks. Any information? Thanks. <BR> <BR> <BR>