CHINATOURS.com

May 29th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

CHINATOURS.com

Anyone with experience w/ their tours? recently promoted on travelzoo? Thank you!
May 29th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

9 nights: 3 Beijing;1 Suzhou;; 1 Hongzhou;1 Shanghai; 3 Hong Kong. hotels usually favored by Business travellers not within walking distance to sights favored by tourists from what I have read So far.
May 29th, 2014, 05:44 AM

Have you read the MANY cautionary tales on this board about the downsides of ANY tour in China? You will be much better off traveling independently - and no, you do not need to speak or read Mandarin to do so.
May 29th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

easier to do if you're closer to 21 than 71! There's a pt when having your bags picked up and flights arranged is nice! and yes I remember the freedom of traveling light w/o checking a bag and hopping off a plane. (from former Peace Corp volunteer west Africa ''65-'67).
May 29th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Well, I'm mid-60s and still traveling independently, but I hear you. If you decide where YOU want to go, rather than where a tour is going, posters here can help. Taxis are cheap...

I did use a tour on my first visit to China, the Smithsonian, but even they had too many shopping ops. My second was with Intrepid, but I think they would be too basic for you. The third time was seven weeks solo and I really enjoyed being on my own.
May 29th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanls for taking the time!