China Tour Companies

Sep 29th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

China Tour Companies

Can someone give me a list of moderately priced but reliable tours companies for a short (8-10 days)China trip. Somewhere in between Tauck and Global Tours?
Sep 29th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Lia

The answer probably depends more on where you want to go and what kind of trip you like (trekking? shopping?). For example, if you want to combine major city sightseeing with a Yangtze cruise or if you want to visit Central or Western China also, then 8-10 days might be too short. However, you might want to check out these tour companies:

United Vacations (Pacific Bestours)
Pacific Delight
Ritz Tours

Sep 29th, 2003, 08:09 PM

I did an upper end 24 day tour w/ Pacific Delight that included 5 days on the YR and I was very very pleased w/ my tour. Super hotels, everything included and the price was very right!
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:40 AM
Jed

Check out <uniworld.com>
Oct 1st, 2003, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I just heard the Pacific Bestours (Far and Wide?) has gone out of business. Sad.
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:07 PM

We took a tour with Laurus
Travel a Canadian company. We were extremely happy with them All of our guides had an excellent command of the English language, a good sense of humor and knowledge. We chose them after reviewing many other companies because they offered a tour going to the places we wanted to go to. We would travel with them again. We did not spend much time going to numerous shopping places and responded to the wishes of the group.
Susan
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Lia

Actually, some of the former owners of the agencies within the Far & Wide network have filed to buy them back. Many of the agencies are profitable and have long-standing reputations so I hope they will survive. In fact, I'm scheduled to go to China through Pacific Bestours in about a week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed (though I can rebook my independent tour on my own if I have to - it was just easier to have them handle it all). I'll post an update as soon as I hear one way or the other...It would be understandable if you are unsure about using one of the F&W agencies though I'm not convinced any of tour operators are rock solid nowadays.
Oct 25th, 2003, 12:49 PM

Hi! I jjust returned from a 19 day Pacific Delight Tour to China. I have never had such a wonderful trip. The hotels were 5* plus, the food was fantastic--huge American style buffet breakfasts and Chinese for lunch and dinner. All admissions were included. Our tour director was Renee Ho; she has been with PDT for 20 years and is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin and ran her tour like a precision watch. The local guides were fantastic, all English speaking and very interesting. I would book with them in a minute and if anyone would like additional info, please feel free to e-mail me at:
[email protected].