Reload this Page >

China - Hotels

Search

China - Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Shelby

China - Hotels

I was wondering -- do any of the hotels in china provide transport between the hotel and airport/train station. Price included in the hotel room charge or additional?? <BR><BR>The transfer fees that it seems everyone wants to charge me to get our group from train to hotel seems very high.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Josh98

Yes, a very few of the highest class hotels in the major cities- Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou- do, and for free, but the vast majority don't. The transfer fees generally mean you will get a private bus for your group to the hotel, as the airports are often far out of town, sometimes nearly an hour. It's the best way to get to the hotel, probably.<BR>a small tip from JC-Tours

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Shelby

Thanks for the information. Guess I'll just not worry about it and pay --

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Dave

I suspect that the best way to get from the train to the hotel depends on the number of people in your group, which city, what time, which hotel, etc. When you get into the train/airport, there will be plenty of taxis, which are certainly cheaper than being met by a private car or bus. Transfer fees are like getting your car repaired - they are not ashamed to charge you what ever they want.<BR><BR>I suggest that you look into the "Destinations" part of Fodors - they tell you about getting around and a lot of other good info.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Andrea

I agree with the above poster that it depends on how many are in your group. I know in Shanghai, the 5 star hotels charge something like $35 - 40 US to go from the Hong Qiao airport to the center of town, when a taxi would cost no more than $5. That is for "limo" service, but at the handful of 5 stars we've had people stay at, the only choice. (The taxi price and corresponding shuttle fee are much higher from the Pudong airport, but I'd imagine it's roughly the same ratio.)