Cheaper Bangkok Riverside Hotels

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheaper Bangkok Riverside Hotels

Are there any Bangkok Riverside hotels that aren't too expensive. Something comfortable, with a view and a pool, but under 2000Bt a night (preferably closer to 1000Bt)?
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Texas,

if you take a look at www.asiarooms.com and follow the links to the riverside area in Bangkok and you will find several listed in your price range.

I think you will find that some like Royal River are fairly far along the river which is fine in the daytime as you can use the river taxis. However, after 6.30 in the evening in that area you would have to use ordinary taxis.

Also some of the hotels listed may have a river view but be a few blocks back from the river.

Please report back if you find any gems.

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM

we have stayed at royal river twice...it is ok for a 3*...location is a bit tough however as they have cut thr frequency of their shuttle boats to river city now...taxis are available but traffic in that area can be quite tough
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stayed at the Menam Riverside - http://www.menamriverside-hotel.com/website/index.asp - Dec. 2004, I think I found an internet deal for 1500 baht/night for a comfortable room with river view. I see on their website that they're renovating this year, though. It was a short walk to the river ferry, and then a couple of stops to the start of the sky train. The only thing between the hotel and the river is their pool.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM

Check the site below to see the hotels that are on or near the river.

http://www.hoteltravel.com/thailand/...erside_map.htm

There are only a couple actual on the river or very close that are less than 2000 baht and have a pool, the Royal River (18) and the Menam Riverside (8). Not shown is the Riverside Hotel which is located on the oposite side of the river near the Grand Palace. It operates the largest dinner cruise boat around.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:56 PM

TexasSlim:
We stayed at the Montiem Riverside in October for only $60/night with full breakfast. Booked with either Asisrooms.com or Sawadee.com -- can't remember which one. All rooms are riverside. They run shuttles every 15-20 minutes to the river taxi's which are a fun way to get to places (the great majority are locals and its very cheap and fun!). Rooms and lobby area are beautiful. Service excellent. It's a little ways from downtown Bangkok, but you'll like that at the end of the day -- Bangkok is noisy! Happy travels.