cheap travel books

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheap travel books

i have just discovered very inexpensive travel books for sale on amazon.com...they offer "used" books for popular places, many of which are "overstocks"...i bought a favorite series for as little as us 21 cents plus shipping....i bought a book on each of the following: india, bali, and italy for a total, including shipping of us $11.83...each book is $16+ on its own
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:25 AM

Well thank you for that !! I will have to check it out. I am going to India in November to see a friend--my first trip abroad from US. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time! I want to read as much as I can before I go. I also heard that www.half.com has good prices for used books.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

i am quite pleased with the books i bought...the india book is c 2000 and is new, not used

you dive right into things....never out of us and india is first....having friends makes all the difference in the world...they will show you how to do things.....
develop a strong and mean front...otherwise the beggers will get to you...you have to rise above it....give money to charities not to individuals to do the most good
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:39 PM

thanks for info .. it's not fo rme since i usually look for prices and night clubs in town.. so i kind of need up too date books even thought the are useless after publication as it is .... but for those that are looking for history and sites it's a great deal.. I don't think th e reclining Buddha in bangkok is going too get up and go any where soon..

hell maybe i'll pic some up just too rip out the maps and visa sections of the books..
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:27 PM

Do you really use recommendations from guide books when planning where to go out in the evening?

I really wish they wouldn't bother putting that crap in guide books as the authors normally select a few of the worst bars and clubs in each city to include.

In my opinion, yhe way to get to the best clubs and parties is just to chat up the locals.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the Amazon info I am going to India and Nepal in November and I am going to hit Amazon now.
Judy
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:42 PM

Nylon .. I usually check them out too see where club disticts are.. bars and clubs change every 6 months around here so the guides are useless in that respect but they sometimes mention entertainmane disticts like RCA in bangkok. nad shinjuku in tokyo.. and those rarely change.