Changi Airport Accommodations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2019, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I are looking to stay in Terminal 1 from 1:00 AM until noon the same day. When I click on the Aerotel link it gives me a rate of $220 USD for that time frame. Is that the best we can do? The Changi website is less than helpful.
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See: https://www.sleepinginairports.net/g...port-guide.htm
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 09:46 PM

The airport rooms are sold for a 6 hour minimum, then per hour, but that sounds about right. Also remember that S'pore dollars are worth about 75 cents US.
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 06:31 AM

I just arrived into Changi yesterday at 3AM and into Terminal 3. I walked straight to the Crowne Plaza Hotel which is attached to Terminal 3 and paid $249. I then checked out at 12PM and took the tram over to Terminal 1 to check in for my flight to Bangkok at 15:55. But, there was a notice that I could do early check-in at Jewel. So, I walked over to Jewel and was able to do it there and not have to wait until it was check-in time on the Changi side. I spent the rest of my time in Jewel. Depending on the airline, one can check in as early as 24 hours prior to one’s flight by doing it over at Jewel.

My tickets were two separate tickets, one on Singapore Air to Singapore and the other to Bangkok on Thai Air. Therefore I cleared the immigration check point, collected my luggage and then walked to the Crowne Plaza.

Whenever, I have linked my two tickets together, then I’m not to go through the immigration check point and collect luggage as it will be sent straight through to my final destination. I then go directly to the Transit Hotel inside of Changi Airport and have paid around $25. an hour from what I remember. The U.S. dollar is low now.

Happy Travels!