Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific

Search

Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 01:22 PM
sheryl

Cathay Pacific

Could any of you tell me how good is business class? Much room? Seats? Food? <BR>Thanks, Sheryl

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 01:49 AM
C Sheen

I have flown Cathay Pacific Business Class twice. Once we traveled to Hong Kong and the second time as far as Bali. I was very happy with the food, service and seats. Try to get seat reservations on the top floor of the airplane. There are only twenty or seats up there and it is much quieter there than in the main floor business class sections if the plane is crowded.

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 08:05 AM
G Vintani

Sheryl, their Business Class is a bomb. Try to get a seat on the upper deck - it's always the best. You do have considerable room for yourself, and you can also get a good night's rest, even if you should expect 50' pitch as every airline which also has first class has put in place. Food is great; not so fexible in timing - you eat at given times - but very good selection and good quality. Travelled last summer Hong Kong to London and the Business Class was only half full. More than that, SUPERB service from cabin staff. <BR>I like CX business class over any other but the new BA bed ... that bed (now LHR-JFK only) is really super !

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 01:41 PM
S

I'm a Singapore Air fan. We just came back from Hong Kong, Thailand and Bali and flew Business class from Rt from NYC. Eastbound was fantastic in both service and food. Seats are unbelievably comfortable. I have lower back problems...between their lumbar support and incredible foot/leg rest I walked around the Vancouver lounge with nary a kink in me. And their Hong Kong lounge is worth the price of business class! As if you needed it, there's more great local food and service. <BR> <BR>No one is as obsequious as Singapore Air, but this was good.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 01:43 PM
S

Forgot to add, westbound food left much to be desired. <BR> <BR>Nonetheless, food service was nonstop in both directions and anytime you wake up, there's icecream or fruit or soup with noodles.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 12:54 PM
tom oldham

I flew last week from Hong Kong to LA in business class--very nice--slept well ---as you may know--I didn't--Cathay now has tv sets on the backs of all seats (folds from armrest in bus class) so you can watch what you want......