Calling FromDC & others re No. Thailand driver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in 2008 FromDC wrote glowing reports on their driver/guide Jermsak. I tried contacting him at [email protected] and it bounced back. ANy updated contact info?
Anyone else have driver rec for Chiang Mai to Anatara and guide for villages around Anatara. I have a car on reserve from Chiang Rai northward but think that going all the way from Chiang Mai will be too much twisty driving for me. Thai Air flies this route but very pricy. I keep checking SGA to see if they'll do seasonal flights but not so far.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM

The address you list is incomplete. It's jermsak_cei at yahoo dot com
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Robbie - Jermsak was unavailable when we went to Thailand several years ago, so he gave us the name of the driver he used to use, who has since become a tour guide himself. Tony learned from Jermsak and we could not be more delighted than we were with his services. I cannot compare him as I do not know Jermsak, but I would not hesitate to recommend Tony as a guide. Our time with him was one of the highlights of our 3 week trip.

The contact information that I had at the time was as follows:
[email protected].
Tel/fax number is 053-744762
Mobile phone is 081-9985769
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks KimJapan and dgunbug. I just emailed tony by cutting and pasting his address and got a pop up that is doesn't appear to be a valid address. I'll try calling at some opportune time. I will also email Jermsak at the correct address. Thanks a bunch to both of you. Any more info from others?
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM

> I just emailed tony by cutting and pasting his address and got a pop
> up that is doesn't appear to be a valid address.

Probably just the dot at the end. Delete that and see if it works.
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 04:19 AM

Sorry to hear that Tony's info is not current. If you do get in touch with Jermsack and he is unavailable, ask him about Tony.
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 06:18 AM

Hi Robbie,
I'm so glad I caught this post. We absolutely loved our time with Jermsak and I hope he is available. He was at a completely different level than the guide we had in Chaing Mai a few years before (arranged through Sgt Kai). His language skills are superb and he has a very interesting background and perspective. The last email address I have from him is:

[email protected]

If you are able to get in touch with him, please send our best from Ivy and John (October 2008).
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 09:25 PM
Original Poster

Too bad, both Tony and Jermsak must have changed their emails. I did remove the final dot, good catch someotherguy. I'll try calling Tony at the mobile # you gave dgunbug. The hotels in CM and CR will provide car and driver for 3 days. One quoted $265 for 3 days, the other hotel quoted $100/day plus fuel. Are these prices fair? I really like to arrange guides that come recommended.
Keep me in mind if you come back from this area with a guide recommendation.
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM

Robbie - Tony had a small office in town off the main street when we were there. He is known by Tony Smile or something like that - probably due to his large wonderful smile. What a shame though that you could not get in touch with either of them. In CM you can easily hire a taxi to take you to Doi Suthep. Be sure to have your driver take you beyond the Wat to Phuping Palace to see the lovely gardens of the royal family.

I'm afraid I don't recall the prices for car and driver, but they did not seem very expensive. There are many guides and drivers in both CM & CR and they can be arranged at the last moment, although it is always best to have one that comes highly recommended. I would also check other forums such as Trip Advisor as there were many recommendations on there. I believe that I originally heard of Jermsak from a traveler on that forum. Perhaps someone there has his updated info.
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:22 PM

Try this contact info for Jermsak - I found this on Trip Adviser. Let us know if this works! Remember to ask for Tony if he is unavailable.

[email protected]
Mobile Ph: 0846154459
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

I did contact both Jermsak and Tony on their cell phones as noted above. I could hear them clearly on Skype. Jermsak is totally booked during our travel time. Tony partially booked but we're trying to work something out, not sure its possible.
Alli nformation above on Jermsak from from DC and dgunbug is correct. The correct email for Tony is [email protected].
Thanks all. Still pondering how we'll get from CM to Anantara.
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Correction to my 19/6 post. The email address for Tony bounced back so I do not have a correct email for him
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM

So glad that you were finally able to get in touch with both Jermsack & Tony.

You may just want to hire Tony, if he's available, to pick you up in CM and do some touring along the way to the Anantara. I believe the bus takes you between CM & CR, but the Anantara is closer to the Golden Triangle area. Be sure to try to get to the White Temple just outside of CR as it is stunning and very unique.
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Original Poster

Exactly so dgunbug. I thank you and the others for your help on this.
Tony will pick us up from Yang Come Village in CM and drive us up to Golden Triangle. YEA! Are there any must see stops along the way??
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 04:27 AM

We took the bus so I don't know the must see stops along the way. Not sure of the route. Perhaps you will go right by CR. If so, I'm sure that Tony will take you to the White Temple. He knows what he is doing and will insure that you see anything of interest. So glad you were able to schedule this. Can't wait what you have to say about Tony after the trip. I haven't heard of anyone else who has used him, but we thought he was a gem.