Reload this Page >

business class fares

Search

business class fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 07:21 AM
BC

business class fares

I will be travelling with my wife and 2yr old son to india and am considering business class fares. Does anybody know of travel agents that specialize in discount business class tickets? Or 2-for-1 specials, etc? <BR> <BR>Also, as far as travelling with a 2yr old, I know that we will have a relatively hard time keeping him occupied/quiet for the entire period. How do you think this will come across to other travellers (considering that some may have paid extra $ for the privacy, quiet, etc)? Are we gonna be treated with dirty looks all the way, etc? <BR> <BR>This is obviously not meant to imply that coach class travellers should have to put up with screaming children just because they may have paid less for their tickets. So, please, no flames! <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 03:53 PM
Meg

We flew to China in May on Korean Air in business class. As it turned out, the ladies sitting in front of us (both directly and across the aisle in the bulkhead) were traveling with babies - one was 18 months and one was 13 months. It was a long flight for everyone. The young mothers did the best they could with the girls, but the girls were tired, cranky and restless. The fact that we were in business class made the situation bearable. There was enough room for everyone to move around and get as comfortable as possible. The distance between the seats helped with the constant chatter of the babies. I'm not complaining about the babies - after all, they have relatives to visit as well. I'm just saying, that if you have to make such a long flight with a 2 year old, business class is the way to go - for your sake as well as other passengers. <BR> <BR>As for two-for-one fares, American Express Platinum Travel offers a special deal on 16 foreign carriers. If you buy a business or first-class seat, you get a free companion fare. Of course, you have to pay the very high yearly fee to have a platinum card, but we finally broke down since we started traveling to Asia. It's just too far to be uncomfortable in coach for that many hours. <BR> <BR>Hope some of this info helps on your trip.

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 07:39 AM
BC

Meg, <BR> <BR>Thanks for your reply. <BR> <BR>I talked to Amex Platinum card travel desk and I was told that the business class fares are the unrestricted, fully refundable kind. These, unfortunately, also turn out to be the most expensive fares that are available. Do you agree? <BR> <BR>Guess I will have to keep looking... <BR>Thanks again

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Meg

Yes, they are the most expensive. We just try to look at it like we were paying for two full fare coach tickets instead of a business class ticket. We ended up buying our Korean Air tickets rather than going with the two-for-one AmEx program on this last trip. AmEx was re-negotiating their programs with certain airlines at the time, and we weren't able to take advantage of it for the last trip. Asia is the only destination to which we fly business class. Hope something works out for you.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 04:35 AM
jiang

For biz class fare to Asia, call 1-800-737-9666. Regent Travel Network is an air consolidator that also cater to individual travelers.

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Judy

i flew Business to India and back last Dec. /Jan. I flew Delta and its co-share partners. I used mileage to upgrade and the ticket still cost me close to $3,000. That was probably because it was around Xmas. However, it was well worth it.Boy is that a long trip from NY. <BR>Even though all Business Class fairs are supposed to be the same, I'm pretty sure that Air India will deal on its business class. Go to a travel agent that you trust. Also, I have a friend that uses "Cheap Tickets" to fly to the UK and is quite satisfied with them. I think you can even put it on a card. I'm pretty sure you can get business through them too. They run their ad in most newspaper travel sections on Sundays.They have an 800 number. <BR> <BR>I loved India, and I have Indian food. If you go to Bombay and it's in the budget, stay in the old wing of the Taj Mahal hotel. They put me in Room 321. Very comfortable and more than enough room for a crib for your son. <BR> <BR>Just don't buy any bottled water on the street. <BR> <BR>Namaste! (Hindi for, I salute the light within you) <BR> <BR>e-mail me if you have any questins. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 12:34 PM
DigitalEye

try www.ticketplanet.com -- they often have very good deals on Business Class and are very knowledgable

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 04:30 PM
Erica

I have heard that, and do not shot the messenger as I may be wrong, some people gave their children dramamine (sp?) on planes. It is for motion sickness, but it does make you a bit drowsy. My sister gets motion sickness, and she started taking it rather early... but she was not two. I would ask a doctor if this is okay for children and a possible safe alternative to both you and passengers around you arriving at your destinations exhasted and aggravated.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Ewa

This response probably comes way too late but I have traveled with my son since he was 2 months old (he is 5 now). Business class is great for traveling with kids. You will get better movie selection for children (one time when I do not mind my kid watching TV), seats recline for sleeping, and there is more room for play. If possible chose a night flight. I usually have a backpack full of things to play with: lots of paper and markers, Lego, board with lots of magnetic figures you arrange on it (I got mine from Learning Smith, I think, I ususally have my laptop with me so I carry some programs for kids, and of course we always have one favorite toy (a cat)that always travels with us. Make sure to have water bottle with you for air pressure changes before landing). <BR>We flew 13 hours straight several times and we did OK. <BR>I am sure your child will do just fine. <BR>Regards, <BR>Ewa