Search

Brunch in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2005, 11:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brunch in Bangkok

One more question

Where is the best place for Sunday Brunch in Bangkok?

In Singapore some of the big hotels include champagne in the price, do any Bangkok hotels do this?

thanks
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:40 AM

The Madison restaurant at the Four Seasons in Bangkok has a very good Sunday brunch which include Champagne(including Mimosa and Kir Royal) and a collection of red and white wine. Food itself is very good there too.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:06 AM

Lord Jim at the Oriental Hotel -- incredible buffet in fabulous room and view. Great value.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:43 AM

I agree with the above.I love the brunch and regular buffet breakfast at the Four Seasons. I stay there and eat there regularly.Happy Travels!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:43 AM

the shangri-la has the best breakfast buffet in bkk that we have had...i suspect that all of the hotels have a very good sunday brunch...a slightly different one that we really like is the rang mahal indian restuarant on the 26th floor of the rembrandt hotel off of sukhumvit....it is quite a nice lay out and the view is fabulous...ask for a window table and make sure to make an advance reservation....i went twice on my most recent trip....you have to like indian food however....

any of the river hotels would be nice...the sukuthai (sp) i believe also has a nice brunch....the four seasons and the hyatt
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM

Here are some of our favorites. Note the prices do not include the 17.7% tax/service charge.

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit hotel - One of the best for the quantity of food available, quality and service. The buffet is situated on the second floor, overlooking the traffic chaos of Sukhumvit Road. Cost will be around 1050 baht plus allow 600 for drinks.

Marriott Resort on Chao Phraya River - The lovely river setting complements the dazzling array of food of every nature. Great seafood and salad dishes. A little expensive at 1450 baht but well worth it. Drinks are extra say 550.

JW Marriott Sukhumvit - About as good as its river cousin with a good selection of Indian, Japanese and Thai dishes. Cost around 1475 baht plus the 17.7%. Again drinks extra around 600.

Lord Jim's at the Oriental Hotel - This seafood restaurant serves an outstanding daily lunch buffet which in my opinion is the best in the city. The restaurant has been recently renovated and is even more attractive than it was. Cost is 950 baht mon-sat and 1250 on sunday. Drinks oar of course extra. Remember this is the Oriental so shorts and t-shirts are not allowed.

Sukhothai Hotel - If you really want a treat on a Sunday afternoon, then take in a brunch at this luxurious hotel and then wander the beautiful grounds afterwards. The brunch starts at 11.30 in the Colonnade dinning room and reservations are a must. There is a whole table of different sea foods, a table with prime rib - pork loin - leg of lamb and salmon steaks, omelets and pasta made to your requirements, salad and desert tables. They also have a live jazz/blues band playing. All this for 1000 baht plus drinks

Novotel Lotus Hotel, Suk 33 Sukhumvit - A good selection of Indian, Thai and seafood dishes. Reasonable cost of 900 baht plus 600 for drinks.

Fortune Hotel, Rachadapisek Rd - Used to be way out of the way until the subway was opened with a stop right by the hotel. Lunch buffet is on wed-fri and sunday. Priced at 350 it is a real bargain and the food is good. It features a good selection of asian dishes but the seafood selection is poor. Allow 250 baht for drinks.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:47 PM

I've seen plenty of people in nice looking walking shorts and decent t-shirts at Lord Jim for lunch. You will also see people fairly dressed up. I tend to wear pants, a t-shirt and sandals.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:30 PM

Just about every hotel in Bangkok has a buffet lunch and Sunday brunch. I've never had a really 'bad' lunch or brunch at these, but for me the Sukothai is the hands down winner.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:07 AM

Check out the following websites for the photos. although it's in chinese, you can see the photos.

Four seasons:
http://www.ec2thailand.com/forum/vie...ghlight=brunch

Lord Jim's
http://www.thailandfans.com/forum/vi...ghlight=brunch
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:13 AM

Great photos! Thanks.

BTW-- if you look at the Lord Jim photos you will see people in t-shirts.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:54 AM

i have not been to lord jim's for about two years, but when last there no one had T shirts on....most were more clasically dressed...skirts or slacks with blouse and long pants and sport shirts for guys...
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:11 AM

At lunch you see pretty much everything at Lord Jim except "grubby" clothes. I don't own a blouse. Wear slacks with oversized "artsy" t-shirts. Sometimes they are an "outfit". Sometimes mix and match. And sandals. I've never felt out of place. At dinner I dress better.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:11 PM

gloria---let me tell you about a wonderful shop near to oriental...it cotton house and they will gladly make you a few blouses/tops so that you can get out of those t shirts...haha
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for all the info, the phots were great. I am guessing from the responses that its a "no" to part 2 of my question about the champagne. At the Hyatt in Singapore you can have brunch with a bottomless glass of french champagne for $100 SING
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 03:14 AM

Bob-- LOL! Actually I'd love for them to make some casual clothes for me and last time they did do some cotton pants but I haven't been able to find the kind of ultra light cotton fabric I want for tops. JT and Design Thai used to make it but don't seem to any more. Cotton House has a few but the prints are awful. Any thoughts of where I can go so I can to start to dress appropriately?
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:22 AM

try the weekend market???? haha...the cotton will be the only cool, lite weight thing there...
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:46 AM

I discovered a few trips ago that I am way too old for the weekend market these days. What I thought was fun years ago was a nightmare for me this time. I like to shop in air conditioned comfort or at night when it's cool.
Any other thoughts?
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:48 AM

S$100.00 for brunch? That's beyond ridiculous. Happy Travels!
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 10:03 AM

gloria---that was my attempt at being funny....at JT outlet on both suriwong and on soi 93, sukhumvit i think you might find some lite weight cottons...

also a two shop enterpirse on the 3rd floor of gaysorn had some very unusual lite weight fabrics...

the fabric shop on the corner of asoke and sukhumvit behind the police sub station might have something for you....

certainly some shop in sampan lane must have lite weights as well....how about asking ms yai and the ladies at cotton house where in sampan lane to look... how about bringing some with you from chicago??
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 10:10 AM

Bob-- I knew you were being funny. I was trying to be funny back. ;-)

I'll check out JT outlets. I also just now thought I might email Reed at Cotton House and see if she can locate some for me (yes I'll pay a bit more but time is money). I know this is nuts but if I bring fabric from Chicago it won't make me as happy wearing it -- I LOVE wearing things that are 100% part of my thai trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -