I am planning a 3 week trip to China in May/June. I have read conflicting opinions on this site about booking lodging in advance. Some say that you are losing hundreds of dollars if you pre-book because everything is negotiated on the spot. However, if there is a particular hotel with a limited number of rooms that we are interested in, is it best to book in advance to ensure you have a room there? I am assuming that answer is yes, but leaving it open for opinion...And I don't have one in mind, but I have seen a few while browsing.
As far as the cities we are visiting, I am specifically referencing Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Also, do the larger chains/brand hotels negotiate in China as well, or is the negotiability factor only relevant to mid-size or smaller Chinese-owned hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL! AOL-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1800-570-1233-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 need your help with japan itinerary
- 3 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 4 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 11 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 12 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 13 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 14 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 15 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 18 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 19 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 20 Wat Arun
- 21 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 22 Miyajima Island
- 23 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 24 Vientiane to LP December
- 25 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka