blood tests while cruising

Aug 27th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

blood tests while cruising

During our projected 84 day cruise, my partner will need at least 2 blood tests (he's on Coumadin/Warfarin). Has anyone had blood tests in Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon or Hong Kong? If yes, how was it arranged? Any leads would be appreciated
Aug 27th, 2007, 03:30 AM

For Thailand you would need a local(Thai) doctor's order and I assume the same for the other cities as well. Try contacting ahead and for Thailand I recommend Bumrungrad hospital. Do you need to monitor the INR?

http://www.bumrungrad.com/
Aug 27th, 2007, 03:33 AM

What port will you be docking at? If you know already then I can recommend a nearby hospital unless you're planing on driving up to Bangkok for the test.
Aug 27th, 2007, 05:59 AM

maybe the nurse/doctor on the ship can assist with having this done??? i'd start with them
Aug 27th, 2007, 06:43 AM

There are good medical facilities in all four cities you name.

The cruise ship should have a doctor on board who could likely help you set these up with local hospitals or clinics.
Aug 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kathie. I'm sure this question will have come up before so hopefully the doctor may have some ideas
Aug 27th, 2007, 10:37 AM

My wife and I work for the cruise lines, we have not been on a 84 day one yet tho!
Which ship will you be on? I think you should be able to email the ships doctor now way in advance and get it all set up.
Aug 31st, 2007, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

Hanuman,

The ship will be docking about a 2 hour drive from Bangkok. We will be nearer to Pattaya, which will be about 40 minutes away.
Aug 31st, 2007, 04:07 AM

Sounds like you'll be docking at Laem Chabang and if that's correct you might just as well go to Bangkok(Bumrungrad Hospital) if you want the best care and laboratory. It's about 1.5 hours drive from there and the road is very good.

If you don't want to drive to Bangkok then there's Samitivej Sriracha hospital which is suppose to be ok(I've not use any hospital around Pattaya except for minor stuff like stitches, stomach or back problem).

http://www.samitivej.co.th/sriracha/roadmap_en.aspx

Aug 31st, 2007, 05:40 AM

I would think that 'all' reasonable size cruise liners would have sufficient facilities to do a blood test, could be wrong, but sounds like you are on some around the world cruise and any big cruise liner would probably have a Doctor and good medical facilities, perhaps simp,y go to the website for the cruise line and look at what they say about medical facilities, call the cruise line and ask them, I really think 'that' is where you will find the answers.