Best buys in Malaysia

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 06:30 PM
D Lord

Best buys in Malaysia

I will be visiting KL, Penang and Langkawi in the near future and am interested in buying sport shoes, perfume, jewellery and electrical goods. I would appreciate any information relating to the best places to purchase the above. <BR>Thanks again.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 05:30 PM
Sunkiss

Hi there. Shopping in Malaysia is great when it comes to electrical goods. With reduced taxes on imported goods, some branded names are getting more affordable. <BR> <BR>You can get all of the stuff you want in KLCC Suria. This department store is besides the world's tallest building (Petronas Twin Towers). Langkawi is a duty free haven. You can get stuff at the duty free centre downtown. Stick to Langkawi and KL if you want to buy stuff. More choices and prices are competitive. Selamat Datang!

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 09:47 PM
pegoz

At this moment I'm sitting an internet lounge at BB Plaza in KL. There must be at least 2000 shops here selling everything you can imagine, at dutyfree prices. It is an amazing complex, and it is very easy to spend an hour or so just trying to find your way out. If you would like more info, you are welcome to email me. Peg

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 09:30 AM
bill toliver

We will be in KL in february and are interested in learning more about the shopping and eating options. We would like the small restaurants or stalls and would like to know where the best buys can be found on clothing, handicrafts etc. <BR>Please e-mail me. Thanks

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Roz

Hi: <BR> <BR>We were in SEA in February, 2000. The best buys were in Langkawi - being a duty free port! <BR> <BR>e-mail me if you want more information. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 10:47 AM
amelia

bill toliver,A place call "Petaling Street market" It is located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur.A night market,with hawker stalls, and clothing stores that parades on the streets.Good bargaining here for clothes, and etc. Places like Sungai Wang or Bukit Bintang,has lots of stores to buy clothes. Small hawker stalls for food is great-open-air sitting(if you don't mind sitting with noice of cars,busses and people.)Handicrafts, will be best to find is in Central Market,just a few blocks from the Petaling Street. Lots of local handicrafts you can get it there. Happy bargaining!