Beijing Airport Internet??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Wuhan in January. I have read several forums but I cant find if there is free internet throughout the airport. Mainly in the "Time rate lounge"?
It would be great if someone could fill me in, I have a 12 hour layover that starts at 6:30 pm.....
Part 2 of my question is, How much are the rooms? Do they accept US dolllars or do i need RMB?...
and Part 3 is, Is there any place close to the airport that would be worth seeing at night, and not too much cost? Id like to see the forbidden city, but this is my First time out of the country and I dont want to mess up and wind up missing my flight to wuhan at 7:30 am....
Thanks, NIck
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 01:38 AM

Reviews of Beijing airport written by travellers. Airport guide contains information about airport lounges, wifi, nearby hotels, hours of operation, passenger ...

www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/beijing.htm

Good luck!
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. This is VERY helpful!!!
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 01:27 PM

The information on the website above seems outdated. TFor example, there is no such thing as an international terminal.
In any case, yes there is free internet via wi-fi.
The airport hourly rooms will not accept US $. I do not know the rate. The comments about the place that I have read were not overly positive.
Between 6pm and 6am, there is no place that you can visit. At night in January, all tourist attractions will be closed. You can always head to town to walk around place like Houhai or Nanluoguxiang. You can go there by subway but the last train back to the airport via the Airport Express is at about 10pm. A taxi back to the airport would be about 100RMB. You can find storage for your luggage at the airport.
You may also need to change terminal to make your connection.
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM

The best you can do is to find a hotel next to the airport and enjoy the food, spa and girls. Then wake refreshed and enjoy the breakfast, if time permits. Most hotels have no coffee, maybe starbux at the airport will be open but i doubt it, too early for most. Traffic in beijing is horrid and even if you left Tiananmen Sq at 5 am, there is no assurance you could get to the airport by 6. So close by is best.