Search

Beach resort in SE Asia for September

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2019, 03:00 PM
mjs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beach resort in SE Asia for September

Going on a 12 day trip to SE Asia in September as my daughter has some time off and she wants some time at a beach/diving/snorkeling resort. Thinking about flying into Bangkok and out of Singapore as the flights are good.
Never been in SEA in September. Have been to much of the area including beach places like Koh Samui, Krabi, Bali. Thinking about Tanjong Jara. Any recommendations?
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 03:21 PM

September is a great time for diving on the east coast of Malaysia. Tangjung Jara has some nice hotels but the diving and snorkelling would be better somewhere like the Perhentian Islands. Great diving but the hotels are not 5* type places. Redang is also goodfor snorkelling etc. But is predominately patronised by the Asian tour group market .
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 06:20 PM

September is a wonderful time for most of Indonesia. Look at northern Sulawesi -- the Manado area: Bunaken, Lembeh.
I've had terrific experiences at Kungkungan Bay Resort, but haven't been there recently. https://kungkungan.com/
Also Wakatobi off the coast of south Sulawesi though it's more remote.