Baseball Games in Japan

Search

Baseball Games in Japan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baseball Games in Japan

Has anyone been to a baseball game in Tokyo? If so, would you please tell me where you purchased your tickets. We leave for Japan in a few weeks and my husband would like to go to a game while we are there. We will begin in Fukuoka, then travel to Tokyo, and continue on from there.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM

I went to a game at the Hawks Dome in Fukuoka. Got tickets at the ticket window just before game time. Sit in the outfield, in right field. If someone offers a balloon, take it.

Hawks Town is a good place to visit. There is a shopping mall and hotel next to the stadium. Nearby are more stores and restaurants, the Hard Rock Cafe and things like that.

I've seen two games at Tokyo dome. First was Fukuoka vs Sapporo. Other time was Hiroshima vs Tokyo Yomiuri Giants. In both cases I got tickets at the ticket window immediately before entering the park.

Also got tickets at the stadium ticket window for games in Yokohama, Osaka, and at least three times in Hiroshima. Also saw a pro game in Kanazawa.
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much - from my husband too.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 01:19 AM

If there is a concierge at your hotel it would be a good idea to have him check for ticket availability before you head down there. The Giants could sell out. When I saw them it was in April (early in the season) and it was a cold, wet, weekday night, and it was Hiroshima.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm starting to get excited about going to a game.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM

I've been to the Tokyo Dome twice and both times I was forced to buy standing-room only seats for around 10 bucks. I guess it depends if the game is sold out or not. Strangely, both times the person at the ticket both said the game was sold out, but when I went inside, there were plenty of empty seats. Oh well, it's a great experience seeing a Japanese baseball game and I highly recommend it.

Make sure you drop by the gift shop and pick up a few goodies there. I got myself an authentic Yomiuri Giants jersey and my co-workers are always fascinated every time they see it.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Giants tickets, like other popular events, are sold through many different channels, each with its own allocation. So even if the official ticket office has sold out its tickets, there are often some available through ticket agencies, including those sold on commission by holders at discount ticket shops (kinken) near major train stations. It's all very confusing, especially for overseas visitors.
There is a 'Ticket Pia' agency stall at Narita Airport Terminal 1 North Wing near the exit doors, and it may be worth inquiring there when you first arrive. Staff there are also likely to speak some English.