Bangkok questions?

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:48 PM
Juan

Bangkok questions?

Hi all

My wife & I plus two boys (ages 10 & 15) are planning to go to Bangkok in late June for about 10 days. What area of hotel/area of town to you recommend we stay in? We want to do some shopping & see some sights while we are there.

Also, what sightes/activities do you recommend?

Thankss for any info you can provide!

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 07:02 AM
ed

We are going to Bangkok in May for the third time in three years. We are staying at the Crown Plaza this year as it was part of the special deal. It is in a good location, close to the river with plenty of good shopping along Silom Road. There is good shopping in most areas of Bangkok. We previously stayed at the Royal Orchid which is on the river and the J. W. Marriott which is at the beginning of the Sukhumvit area. The J. W. Marriott area was the most congested area. There are many sights and I might suggest some sites to visit on the internet. Try www.bkk.sawadee.com, tourismthailand.org, or
asiatravel.com. There are many other sites available.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 11:29 AM
wiesendanger

Hi Juan

try the Narai Hotel in Silon Road.
We stayed last march there and were very satisfied. The hotel is near shopping area and close to Chao Phrae River and last but not least we got a reasonable price (arount 40 US/room).
By boat on Chao Phrae River you can get easily most of the sights in Bkk. Have a good time
Bruno

Old May 1st, 2001, 11:07 AM
Peggy Graff

Hello,
I am going to have 3 days in Bangkok and 3 days in HongKong...do you have "must sees"?
Peggy

Old May 3rd, 2001, 04:30 PM
Rhoda

Pending your budget I would recommend the PENINSULA BANGKOK on the river.
Telephone: (66-2) 861 2888
Facsimile: (66-2) 861 1112
E-mail: [email protected]
Magnificant hotel! Check to see if they still have their introductory rate ($110 per night)available. We took advantage of the special offer and it was like staying in heaven.