Reload this Page >

Bangkok - hotel choice

Search

Bangkok - hotel choice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Marilyn

Bangkok - hotel choice

Am trying to decide on a hotel in Bangkok - some suggestions are Indra Regent, The Montein or the Amari Atrium. Is anyone familiar with any of these hotels and if so, anyrecommendations? Thanks. <BR>PS. re my previous request - has anyone heard anything about Samut Songkhram - worth staying overnight? Thanks again. <BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Pat

Among the three hotels you listed, Montein seems to be the most luxurious one. If you choose Indra, you are in the centre of shopping district, cheap clothes area. Amari atrium is the newest hotel on your list, acceptable standard. <BR> <BR>ps.I think you wouldn't need to spend a night in Samut songkram, but it's worth a day trip.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 09:55 PM
lynn

Marilyn - <BR> <BR>Personally, I think I'd skip the Indra Regent. I don't know anything about the Amari Atrium. <BR> <BR>As for Montien, I can speak for the Montien Surawong next to Patpong. We've stayed there a few times. It's not the Ritz or Oriental but good for the deal. We usually find a rate of about $60 a night including breakfast buffet. It's a standard O.K./decent business-type hotel. The rooms in the new tower are a little better than the old tower. All the bathrooms seem to need a little caulking work but I would recommend the hotel in general. You can't beat the location and all the taxi drivers know where it is. This is important because we've stayed several places in Bangkok (Montien Surawong, Tawana Ramada, Oriental, Regent and Westin) and not all taxi drivers know where all of these other hotels are. Or, some don't want to go there because they are far from their normal driving route <BR> <BR>Montien Surawong is good because even if you try to tell a taxi driver where you want to go and he doesn't seem to know what you're saying, you can just say "Patpong" and then he'll know. If you can get to Patpong, you're practically at the hotel. <BR> <BR>Try the following sites... <BR> <BR>hotelthailand.com <BR>asiatravel.com <BR>thaihoteldiscount.com <BR>planetholiday.com <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any questions. We've spent quite a bit of time in Bangkok on previous trips. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR <BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Herbert

Hi ! <BR>As part-time expat (5-6 mths a year) I can recommend you in this Area "Prathunam Market" - the Bayoike Hotels Suite or Sky - you can get cheap rates from asiatravel.com. and have a look at the facilities. <BR>Regards, <BR>Beer Chang (my Thai nickname)

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:06 PM
doc

Spent some time at the Grand Pacific Hotel in January and were quite impressed. One of its major advantages is its proximity (easy walking distance) to Cabbages and Condoms, a great restaurant!

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Al

We just returned from staying at the Imperial Impala Hotel, Bangkok. Had a marvelous time. The hotel and its connected twin, the Tara, are splendid. Friendly, clean, efficient. Excellent buffet breakfast. A block from the skyway transit station which connects with central Bangkok's many attracttions. Write directly if you have specific questions.