Bandra - Mumbai hotel

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bandra - Mumbai hotel

Hi, I'm trying to find a hotel which is not all that far from the Bandra train station - but which is NBOT expensive. We fly in at the International airport at 10 in the evening, and are then set to take a train at 3 the next afternoon. I'm ideally looking for something under 4000 rupees but which is clean! Have checked out numerous hotels, but none seem to fit the bill! Thanks to anyway who has some recommendations!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Hi,

We live in Bandra itself so thought will drop a line. I know bandra very well and finding a "Good" hotel under 4k is difficult as it is primarily an upmarket residential area.

However, i do recall seeing couple of good looking boutique hotels that look clean but do not think you will find them online. (e.g. hotel sattva in khar, a hotel above Out-Of-the-Blue - a very famous restaurant in bandra).

If you have few days, i will check and provide u contact details of these places and you can communicate directly.

Also I believe you want to stay in Bandra to comfortably catch your train the next day? Since the train is in afternoon and generally the traffic at that time is not heavy, Juhu is another area where you can find good hotels especially around yur price range (Juhu, as Bandra, is a very nice locality- just a tad less expensive...10%-15%)...can look out and provide you few names if you have some time before you travel...

thanks
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM

www.otel.com/hotels/mumbai.htm

Kamran Residency is near Bandra pretty nice

might meet your needs also check

asiarooms.com agoda.com good sales sometimes
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, speedy singhs! It's not at all urgent - we're not actually arriving until the new year, but the last time I was in Mumbai, about 5 years ago, I'd left it till too late and we ended up staying at a crummy place on the way in, and a far too expensive one on the way out. Hence my early start this time. Yes, I'd thought if Juhu too. Anyway, thanks for any help you could give me!!!!!!! It's much appreciated!!!!
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Actually, Speedy, I'd go up tp 6k if you think that would give us a better place. Open to any recommendations from someone who lives there! Thank you!
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 12:47 AM

Hi,

Have you used the site cleartrip.com ?

Its an excellent one to book travel, hotel service within india and i use this very frequently for my flight booking as GUI is well designed (something that expedia copied recently-atleast for India!)

Do the following in their hotel section:
1) mention mumbai and date and then search
2) When you get result then on the left hand side you will find options to filter search results
- select Bandra as area
- move price range lower: make it 3.3 k (minimum for a decent hotel in the area and max as 6k)
4) you will get 8-10 options (i took Jan 3- Jan 4 and got 8 hits)

Now you can look at these details and prices but from a location point of view i would rate them as following (on basis on Suaveness- travel to Bandra station from any of these place will be ~5-10 minutes):

1) Hotel Executive Enclave
2) Hotel Metro Palace (though i think that rooms are small and hence starting prices should be more like 4k- had checked it out once when a lot of my relatives were visiting us at once!! About 2 years back and the rooms were clean then)
3) Bawa Suites
4) Oriental Residency

Above 4 are located in planned area of Bandra (Opposite side of Railway Lines which tends to be more congested)

Rest (below) are close to Railway Lines hence very densely populated and quite chaotic
5)Ramee Guestline
6)Regal enclave
7)Bandra Residency
8)Skip Humming Service Apartment (very congested area- on the other side on main Bandra)

Check out top 4 on the net and see if you like one of them? Think you should like one among 1/3/4 (1 also had good reviews on tripadvisor). Happy to answer more if additional queries!

In addition there is an excellent service apartment cum hotel grand residency at a fantastic location that costed 6-7k 2 years back but now they quoting 8.5. Its really cool but maybe a lot just for an overnight stay!

Thanks
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a LOT, Speedy! I shall check them out when I get home tonight! There was another I'd looked at at Juhu Beach, Citizen something, but it is rather more expensive I think. I live in a land-locked country - Switzerland - so being able to see the sea is always a thrill. Also don't know how far it is. Will check your advice out first. If I can ever help you out with stuff about Switzerland, let me know Fodor's doesn't seem to notify people when notices have been answered, and I've only just joined. You can find me on Tripadvisor, though - I have the same handle there, or virtual tourist Thanks again!