Bamboo Bookings or WeAreBamboo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know anything about this travel service? I booked a trip with them to Bali for late 2020. Starting to not have a good feeling.

Thanks,
Pat
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 01:15 AM

I think I have seen other questions asked about this company either here or on TripAdvisor but have no personal knowledge of them

Is there are particular reason for your concern? Have you paid them any money? If not I would urge you only to pay money to an operator based out of your home country, on arrival. If they do insist on payment in advance, I would probably look elsewhere or, at the least pay by credit card for the inherent protection that provides.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:31 AM

Did you put a deposit down and if so was it by CC or a wire transfer?
I see their reviews are awful.
Of course lesson here is to research a company before you sign a contract with them or send them money but sometimes one simply makes a mistake. It happens to many. And yes as Crellston said use a CC to guard against fraud.

Good luck!
Larry

Last edited by jacketwatch; Oct 9th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your response. Yes, I did use a credit card - a few months ago $250 and recently $500. They say the $250 is non-refundable.
I guess I just don't feel comfortable with how they communicate. My gut says 'don't do it'!
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 02:52 PM

My rule: Always listen to your gut.
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 11:11 PM

Good advice from Kathie. As you have paid by credit card you could dispute the payment made but you would need to give a clear reason for doing so . Not "having a good feeling" may not be enough. Bad communication and feeling they will not provide the services you agreed, probably is. If you feel that you have in some way been, or will be defrauded then they should act. IME they sometimes need some persuading but it is your right.

What would I do in your position?? $250 is a lot of money but I would consider cutting my losses, writing it off to experience and looking elsewhere. I would contact them in writing by email and or post requesting and immediate refund of all moneys paIf this is not forthcoming then contact your cc company to dispute the both payments and look elsewhere but do thorough due diligence before buying.
Old Oct 12th, 2019, 08:45 AM

Consider calling your cc co. for advice. Once a repairman charged me the full amount instead of the visit fee while he waited for a part. Then came one excuse after another and I knew he was a crook so I called visa and they advised me on a course of action and it worked too.

Good luck!
Old Oct 17th, 2022, 03:14 PM

We Are Bamboozled is more like it!

Unfortunately, this company is not all eco-friendly and they definitely do not communicate honestly. There are hundreds of us that have been ripped off by this company. Please search for "Bamboo Ripoff" on Facebook to join or go to Change.org and look for the petition. I am unable to post the link here. It is called

"We Are Bamboo - We Want Our Money Back!"

Originally Posted by PatLinn
Does anyone know anything about this travel service? I booked a trip with them to Bali for late 2020. Starting to not have a good feeling.

Thanks,
Pat