Bali - when to go??

Apr 12th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Kitty

Bali - when to go??

We're thinking of travelling to Bali for our honeymoon. Maybe September. Is the weather then OK? We want to avoid the hurricanes in the Carribbean, but have heard Bali has the same type of weather that month! Also, checked out some links to Bali, but need hints on the best places to go for a honeymoon and what we'd expect to spend for 2 weeks, including accomodation, food, and general expenses. Thanks!

Apr 15th, 2000, 05:31 AM
David

Dear Kitty

September is great weather in Bali. Not humid but a nice breeze. Actually, it's kite flying season. Blue skies, sun, no rain.

Depending upon your budget, there are so many hotels to choose from. If you give me an idea of what type of hotel and facilities you like, I can pass this on to one of my fellow friendly travel agents.

Regards

David

Apr 19th, 2000, 06:30 PM
Kitty

Thanks David! Actually, the other night I got on the Bali Online site, had some good info there on accomodations (amazed how cheap it is!). I request more information from some of the hotels. We are looking for standard or deluxe, somewhat private (we will be honeymooning!) but close to entertainment. We don't want to go to a packed touristy area, somewhere quite, a little off the beaten path. I took note of the other thread on here about places to go and avoid in Bali. Some great ideas on there. The only trouble now is to get an estimate on a flight to Bali from Toronto. I tried the Quantas sites and other airlines that service Bali, but could not get a rough estimate, and travel agents are no use, ( I dont deal with them anymore - bad experiences!). Any ideas on those who have been there, I just need a rough idea, in Canadian dollars if you can! Thanks.

Apr 22nd, 2000, 07:11 PM
Wendy and Jeff

Kitty:

We went to Bali for our honeymoon in November after considering many locations. Let us tell you - it was the best possoble choice. We simply had an amazing time. Lets see, where do we start?

First, if you can, fly Singapore Airlines. They are the best carrier in the world. An upgrade to Business class or a trade in of your miles for a free trip is well worth it. The airfare is approx $2200 r/t in coach, and $5000 r/t in business class. Our suggestion...if you can afford it, fly business. Don;t be shocked by the high airfare, because once you are in Bali, it is relatively inexpensive. A complete dinner for two at the best local restaurant will be less that C$45.

It would take so long to tell you all of the wonderful things about Bali...there was no better place for us. As far as accomodations, the best hotels on the island are well worth it. We stayed half out time at the Ritz Carlton in Jimbaran Bay and the other half in a private villa at the Four Seasons in Sayan. Simply amazing!!! and the best hotels we have ever stayed in!! Do it if you can.

As far as sightseeing in Bali - we hired a driver, he was fantastic. Took us everywhere in an air conditioned car, all the sights, shopping, even drove us to the airport when we left. His name is Karma, e-mail [email protected]

We could write forever, so e-mail us with specific questions - we would be happy to tell you more.

Wendy and Jeff
[email protected]

Jun 20th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Lisa

Hi Kitty!

Sounds like we're hunting for the same things...Silk Holidays & Jade Tours in BC are offering 2 - 3 weeks in Bali, your choice of 3 to 5 star hotels, airfare, transfers, breakfasts, and 5
tours while in Bali...all for approx. $1500 to $2000 CDN. Bite the
bullet and cold-call a few travel agents
to find out what the local wholesalers have available for packages in your area. Also, check out Sanur..lots of
guidebooks at local library!
Good Luck!

Jun 21st, 2000, 08:23 PM
momrath

Go to Bali! There's no place like it on earth for a mix of profound natural beauty and fascinating culture.
Bali is tropical. It rains all year, but the showers are isolated, not all day. Rain is part of the tropical experience, it's really quite romantic.
if you can afford the four seasons, go for it. if you're looking for a bit less, you should look into a suite at the chedi near ubud. Rate is about $300-350. i've stayed there half a dozen times and it's my favorite place.
to be in bali. chedi has the same view as 4 seasons sayan.
food is very cheap in bali. liquor, especially wine, is very expensive. car and driver can be costly, but this is the way to go as self driving can be dangerous.

Search this Thread