Reload this Page >

Bali - Vaccination - Immunization

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Peter

What vaccinations do I need to take before I go to Bali. I was at the CDC.com website and they list a whole bunch of necesary shots to take before going to Bali. Are all of these necessary? <BR> <BR>·Hepatitis A <BR>·Typhoid <BR>·Booster for tetanus, measles, and polio <BR>·And Malaria Pills <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Andrea

I don't think they are necessary at all unless you want to avoid hepatitis A, typhoid, tetanus, measles, polio, and malaria. <BR> <BR>Sorry, I just couldn't resist. <BR> <BR>We are firm belivers in the "if they offer medicine, take it" policy. You should try going to your local CDC office or univertsity with a tropical diseases center. Most cities will have one center in town that deals with foreign travellers, and they will know which shots are REALLY required, which are highly recommended, and which are "optional." Do go as soon as possible, though, because some shots take multiple rounds for full effectiveness. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:41 AM
topper

topping

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Rx

You forgot: Hep. B & C, flu, yellow fever, the plague, ebola, anthrax* - hey I know come with one of those space suite from NASA - that should keep everything out(unless you're kidnap by aliens!).

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Kathie

Peter, despite the sarcastic replies, yes, the immunizations you listed are generally recommended for travel to Asia. Most of Bali is not a malarial risk area, however. I always use the cdc website to check on such info: www.cdc.gov