bali, ubud hotels

Search

bali, ubud hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bali, ubud hotels

We're thinking of staying at the Ubud Sari Health Resort for 3 nights. Any experience with this hotel? Another possibility is the Alam Shanti, which is a bit more expensive ($115 for a garden deluxe room, vs. $75 at Ubud Sari). I'm looking for beautiful surrondings, spotless accommodations, attentive staff, not necessarily the lowest price. Thanks for any suggestions,
Efrem
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:02 AM

We stayed at the Alam Shanti and were completely captured by its charm. The views are stunning from Gaanga. The staff is very welcoming. We highly recommend it. Every morning, I would go running through the nearby monkey forest.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Dear gpanda,
Thanks for the comment, very helpful, and jibes with other comments about Alam Shanti. If you were to spend one night at a beach resort in Bali, which one(s) would you pick? Again, not looking for cheap but not looking to break and bank, either.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM

I can only say that Sanur is very nice and that Nua Dusa is atrocious. I've read that Seminyak and Kuta are much more lively than Sanur, but cannot give any personal experience. We're staying in both Sanur and Seminyak on our next Bali trip.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 03:21 AM

If prepared to spend US$400 approx per night The Legian is truly lovely as is The Four Seasons Jimbaran and The Bali Hyatt at Sanur .
Have a look at www.balidiscovery.com and their site for hotels which give you rates etc and which will allow you to see what might best suit your budget .