Bali lodgings, Ubud area

Feb 6th, 2002, 05:51 PM
C. Kyle

Bali lodgings, Ubud area

Has anyone stayed at the Ulun Ubud Cottages, and how was your experience? Anyone know of a nice hotel (up to $150) with good views and grounds, and a Balinese atmosphere? Thanks.

Feb 6th, 2002, 07:44 PM
rj

$150 for a hotel in Bali. What are your plans? Do you intend to purchase? There are plenty of hotels in Ubud for much less than $150. Also they are much better located. Are you in Bali to learn of the culture or just foolishly spend?

Feb 6th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Traveller

I don't know the Ulun Ubud Cottages, but I agree with the other posting: $150. is a lot of money for Ubud (I'm assuming this is $USD?).Unless you're there for a honeymoon, or otherwise special celebration, there are a multitude of places in the $20. to $60. range (including breakfast). For a garden/field view, try things on the outskirts of the village.To be close to the shops & restaurants try Monkey Forest Rd or the Main rd.
There is the:
- Yulia Village Inn (300,000 rp).small pool, clean,basic
- Ubud Inn ($35 to $50.), small pool, very nice gardens, nice staff
- Ubud Village Hotel was a bit nicer for (500,000rp).Has nicer furnishings, private garden enclosed entrance, great outdoor bathroom (!), bigger pool. Some have views.
The last 2 you can see at: www.indo.com/hotels. The Yulia email is [email protected].
These sites have many other hotels: www.baliparadise.com
www.balihotels.com
www.ains.net.au
www.baliwww.com
www.balimart.com

Good luck!

Feb 7th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Traveller

I don't know the Ulun Ubud Cottages, but I agree with the other posting: $150. is a lot of money for Ubud (I'm assuming this is $USD?).Unless you're there for a honeymoon, or otherwise special celebration, there are a multitude of places in the $20. to $60. range (including breakfast). For a garden/field view, try things on the outskirts of the village.To be close to the shops & restaurants try Monkey Forest Rd or the Main rd.
There is the:
- Yulia Village Inn (300,000 rp).small pool, clean,basic
- Ubud Inn ($35 to $50.), small pool, very nice gardens, nice staff
- Ubud Village Hotel was a bit nicer for (500,000rp).Has nicer furnishings, private garden enclosed entrance, great outdoor bathroom (!), bigger pool. Some have views.
The last 2 you can see at: www.indo.com/hotels. The Yulia email is [email protected].
These sites have many other hotels: www.baliparadise.com
www.balihotels.com
www.ains.net.au
www.baliwww.com
www.balimart.com

Good luck!

Feb 7th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Traveller

Sorry, don't know why it posted twice. How it shows 7:45am & 2:22am when it happened at the same time is a mystery also. Hmmm....

Feb 7th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Traveller

Sorry, don't know why it posted twice.I only clicked post once, but then my system went down. How it shows 7:45am & 2:22am when it happened at the same time is a mystery also. Hmmm....