Bali Honeymoon

Apr 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Bali Honeymoon

Hello...
A few questions:

1. Planning to spend a few nights in Ubud. Looking for a nice honeymoon kind of place to stay (private pool just for us, etc.). Suggestions?

2. Not sure whether to stay in Seminayak or Sanur...thoughts? Again, looking for a honeymoon-ish place to stay. Hey, you only have a honeymoon once!

3. Since we are divers, plan to stay a few nights in Tulamben...thinking we won't find the honeymoon kind of lodging here, but any other suggestions for the area would be great

Any 'must eat' restaurants in any of the areas would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
Apr 4th, 2009, 07:30 AM

may i suggest two places for you in ubud: alam shanti in the gangga room or the room under it....in the town itself may i suggest kajane mua... KM has private pools, at AS you share the pool with 7 other bungalows but we were the only users during our stay so it seemed like a private pool and it is right next to gangga...

terazzo and its sister restaurants are all excellent in ubud.

sanur is a mature community on the beach which is my first choice....seminyak is more of a tourist developed town i believe...
Apr 4th, 2009, 11:11 PM

tah, There are lots resorts on Bali favored by honey-mooners. Could you give an idea of your budget? The higher priced places tend to offer more privacy and more luxe details. The medium range, however, can be just as nice, just a step down on the service level.

In Ubud I'd look at Kayumanis in higher price range, Komeneka for medium.

I like Seminyak because I like the beach, the sunset, the proximity to shops and restaurants. Legian (make sure you get the one in Seminyak) in higher price range, Sofitel in medium.

I think some of the best diving is in North Bali -- around Menjangan. For super deluxe not too far from Tulamben look at Amankila. For medium Alila Manggis.

There are zillions of private villas all over Bali which is another option for privacy and personal service.
Apr 5th, 2009, 01:20 AM

For diving, check out the Mimpi resorts. There's one in Tulamben and another in Menjangan. They're nice for the price. The Waka resort near Menjangan is also very lux. There are some really great dives in Tulamben, but you'll have more choices in Menjangan.

Seminyak is a little more honeymoon-ey, IMO. That is, Seminyak as in the area around Jalan Petitengit. Many claim the area at the north end of Legian Street as Seminyak, but that's not what I think. The area around Petitengit Temple is very non-touristy, and has some of Bali's best restaurants.

Aside from the Legian mentioned, there's the Samaya. Also, a few very small getaways like Haven.
Apr 5th, 2009, 02:55 AM

When are you travelling ?
I recommend The Legian in Seminyak for at least 3 nights .Really fabulous all suite , all ocean view and very stylish .Close to the best places to eat and wonderful spas like Bodyworks for massage etc .

Kajane I agree with but it is not 5 star .See the current thread started by rhkkmk " Ubud Downtown Hotel " about it but it gets rave reviews on trip advisor .Look at the villas with private pool.

For eating look at www.balieats.com . Look at its 2008 year end summary that is on its home page .

Some of my favourites are as follows br />
If down in Kuta my absolute favourite eating place is Maccaroni ( went 5 times last trip ) and had to meet the chef I was so taken with it.Been eating there for last 7 or 8 years each time I go and standards never vary .It is near the bomb memorial in Jalan Legian .Absolutely unlikely location for a place of its quality in the midst of hullabaloo .Fabulous Italian fusion food ( owned by Northern Italians) and cheap .Very stylish interior .Charming staff .They also do wonderful lounge music after about 9pm .

Ku de Ta for breakfast or lunch or dinner .Stylish .Walk on the beach from The Legian to it .

Warisan .Renowned .

Sarong a new Indian meets Indonesian place . A must as well.Perfect for a honeymoon dinner . Fabulous food and rates as the best new venue in 2008 .

Cantina near the Kerobokan Prison .A little French owned Warung overlooking rice paddies serving simply the best Raspberry sorbet I had since Paris not to mention the duck sausages and the brulee and indonesian food.Lunch there and it is cheap . I can dig out some info / directions for you and I expect to go back in 2 months .

Also look at www.balidiscovery.com re hotels etc
Apr 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your input! We are planning on being there in late September...I kow Oct starts rainy season so I am guessing it is possible we will get hit with rain as well...is it all day downpour kind of rain or a few hours here and there?
Apr 7th, 2009, 08:38 PM

You ought to be fine. At worst a heavy afternoon shower .