Bali beaches

Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali beaches

At the tail end of our month long holiday in Indonesia, we would like to stay a few days at a beach in Bali. We would like to be fairly close to the airport (within an hour or so) and a quieter area. We love seafood BBQs in the evenings and swimmming in the ocean and reading in our hammocks during the day. The budget should be under $150 a night. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:16 PM

Sanur is definitely where you want to stay. It's a good place to stay for swimming, since the water is a lot calmer than the west coast, with a reef that further protects the beach. There are lots of good restaurants there as well.

You should be able to easily find something within your budget on the beach, but avoid the Inna hotels.
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM

look at the bali hyatt in sanur....also puri santrain, and tandjung also in sanur....
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM

bmtrips, All of the southern beaches are within an hour of the airport. All have access to restaurants and all have both upscale and medium scale accommodations. In my opinion all of the areas are swimmable, but not everyone may agree.

The surf in the Seminyak area is rougher than in some of the other areas, but thousands of people swim there. Same for Kuta and Legian. Sanur and Jimbaran have calm swimming beaches. Nusa Dua does also, though it can be quite shallow during low tide.

So my opinion would be to make your decision based on the resort that appeals to you.

I haven't stayed in Sanur for quite a while. The resorts there are -- to me -- a bit on the rundown side (and I like the sunset).

For other ideas I'd take a look at the Ritz and the Intercontinental in Jimbaran. The Ritz is somewhat isolated, on a cliff, nice views, expansive grounds. The Inter-con is a good value, good swimming beach. Within walking distance of the famous sea-food bbq restaurants on Jimbaran beach.

I'd also look at the Sofitel in Seminyak. Nice grounds and easy access to good restaurants and shops.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 10:47 AM

I stayed at the Bali Hyatt some years ago. It was quite lovely.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM

We stayed once on Intercontinental Bali (jimbaran) and we loved it. The hotel is good value and I think very well located. It has the restaurants very near as marmot said berore.
But we haven't stayed in Seminyak or Sanur, so I cannot suggest what's your best option.
i hope it helps you!
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Definitely Jimbaran - surely the nicest white sand beach in Bali! Easily accessible, and you can enjoy watching the planes twinkle down to the airport without having to hear them.

Try the Jimbaran Puri Bali for the BBQ seafood on a torchlit beach.