Attn: Kathie - clothing in Seattle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2005, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kathie, I have read that you live in/around the Seattle area. Can you suggest some places that I might go looking for appropriate clothing to take to Thailand when we go in Feb. Thanks Marg
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 08:41 AM

Yes, I live in Seattle.

What are you doing in Thailand?

For sightseeing in Bangkok, I wear light cotton or cotton/linen long pants and short-sleeved shirts. You should be able to find such things almost anyplace in Seattle - in the summer - but in the winter you may have to mail order. If you are treking, REI and Ex Officio have great, light treking pants (fast-drying light synthetics). I also bought light treking clothes at Ex Oficio for my trip to Borneo. They also have sun-screening clothing and mosquito repellant clothing. I bought some very attractive linen blend pants at Ex Officio before my last trip, that I wore all over Bangkok and in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. (Do you know about the Ex Officio outlet store? They have regular merchandise in the front and markdowns in the back - located between 1st and 2nd on Vine, I believe, in Belltown.)

For dressier flowing clothes good for dressier spots n Bangkok, I look at the Endless Knot or Yazdi.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

We are doing a 15 day tour up thru the Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai triangle with 4 days pre trip in Bangkok.(with tour time that gives us about a week in Bangkok) We also have booked a bicycle trip thru the countryside(Mosque Gardens and Phourt Udom Poi) and a trip to Khao Yai National Park. We are looking at this as a trip that will give us the lay of the land for repeat trips. Everyone that goes there once seems to keep going back forever. The first day we are going to go to Cotton House for clothing and also a trip up to SJ jewelery to see what kind of trouble I can get into there. I had not heard of the outlet store (we live in Vancouver BC) but will be sure to check it out when we come down there next week. I am short (4'9&quot so these zip off pant legs do nothing for me. Thanks for all the info. We are really looking forward to our trip. Marg
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:48 AM

Have a wonderful tme in Thailand. I'm sure you'll become as addicted to SE Asia as the rest of us regulars are.

Do use my name at SJ. Lily is my usual salesperson, but anyone can help you.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM
Original Poster

Kathie - I read on one of these posts that SJ will pick you up at your hotel - is this true? I will definately ask for Lily - thanks for all the help Marg
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM

Oh, yes, just call SJ and they will pick you up at your hotel.