Anyone used Indus Travel Co.?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Indus Travel Co. out of British Columbia,CA We hear they are a good company. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM

We had trouble with Indus Travels before we even began our tour.

We contacted Indus to inquire about 14 day tour of India that our friends had recommended. When we initially spoke with Indus, we were encouraged to book as soon as possible because there were only 6 spaces left on the tour. So, we paid our deposit, to ensure our spaces.

The next four months can only be characterized as Indus Travel being unresponsive to our emails and phone calls, as we attempted to finalize our arrangements. (We were trying to book our international flights and also add-on a side trip to the main tour.) When we finally threatened to cancel the tour and demand a full refund of our deposit, the agent was finally completely honest with us, and told us that she could not finalize our arrangements because there was no one else booked on the tour, and they required a certain minimum number of people to get the group rates on airfare, etc. Even then, we met resistance in obtaining our refund and a cancellation, and we were asked to consider waiting another month to allow other people to sign up for the tour to meet the minimum necessary for group airfare rates. Waiting another month would have brought us within 2 months of our planned departure date, and would not allow us enough time to begin planning with another company.

So, we will never recommend Indus Travel to our friends and family. There are other posts on the Internet about "bait and switch" tactics employed by Indus, and it seems the company has not changed in the least.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM

There's a <i>four year, nine month</i> gap between the original post and the reply. Good news travels slowly.

This is IndiaTraveling's first post.

Make of all this what you will.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM

What I make of it, is that that Indiatraveling did indeed have a terrible experience, and then, thought, "Hmm..i wonder if there's anything on the internet about them" Probably s/he didnt even notice the original date. Similar things have happened to me, before i got savvy and searched the internet BEFORE booking or utilizing businesses of all types.

Indiatrav, thank you for the post. Hopefully it will encourage future ,potential clients to question thoroughly--not just this, but all, companies, so that your experience will not be repeated no matter which agency or group , if any, is chosen. Forewarned is forearmed.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM

also please note this is the persons first post
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM

sorry, not their only post but all 3 are old and they were all similar questions
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM

I can't find all these posts about 'switch and bait'. All I find are the same unhappy tourists out to kill, kill, kill.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...ver-India.html

I imagine there'll be more as the days go by. Usually, pissed-off punters go thru all the travel sites. Actually this post is not about Indus Travel's on-ground services. It's about one representative and some not very savvy tourists.