Annapurna or Manaslu?

Search

Annapurna or Manaslu?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annapurna or Manaslu?

Hi. I'm meeting my adult son in Nepal at the end of March for a trek. We are trying to decide between Annapurna Circuit and Manaslu Circuit. Any advice out there??
My take so far from info I've found is that Manaslu is less crowded and a more cultural experience. You need a guide for Manaslu but not for Annapurna. Manaslu might be slightly more difficult but I think we are fit enough for either. Both have very high elevations so risk is equal for altitude sickness. Sounds like the views are stunning on either one.
If anyone has any info that might help us make this decision, it would be very helpful.

We plan to go independently, not with a group excursion, so does anyone know on either of these treks, if it is ever so busy that you get to a village and all the teahouses are fully occupied??

Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 10th, 2020, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Abbyo

I hope your travel plan to Nepal is still intact and the COVID-19 has not affected your travel plans. Please check with the Department of Immigration, Nepal for visa advice and your country travel advisor before coming to Nepal. Nothing has changed so far for visitors coming to Nepal except for nationals of few countries are now required to get a visa from their home country.
As for Manaslu and Annapurna, both treks are amazing offering a full circuit of the respective region. Your take on these treks is absolutely right. If you prefer to go independently then doing the Annapurna circuit will be a good choice, you can get rooms easily on this trek as there are many teahouses/lodges available. If you have a few more days then add Tilicho lake as a side excursion.
As for Manaslu, it is less crowded and you need to go through an agency to obtain trek permit. The trek offers more remote experience with a cultural touch.