Americans welcome in Thailand?

Oct 27th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Kathy

Americans welcome in Thailand?

Although many Americans are not even traveling within the U.S., we are still considering traveling to Thailand (with our kids.) Are Americans still welcome in Thailand right now?

Oct 27th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Kathie

Certainly. Thailand is a Buddhist country. the people are warm and welcoming. I wouldn't hesitate to travel to Thailand right now. As a matter of fact, I'm heading for Thailand (and Cambodia and Singapore) in December.

By the way, I had a business trip in the US last week, and the flights were pretty full.

Oct 27th, 2001, 05:07 PM
John

One must never say never but Thailand is a very peaceful country sure there are people that disagree with what America is doing but most keep it to themselves.

I live in Thailand and can assure you that I have never had any problems.

John
SuiteAsia.com Travel Community
http://www.suiteasia.com/

Oct 27th, 2001, 10:35 PM
JamesAllen

Absolutely no problems at all. The U.S and Thailand have long been friends. Thailand is a peace loving country and will welcome you.

Nov 19th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Michele

I just got back from Thailand. Everyone seemed pretty friendly. Some expressed sympathy and concern over the NY incident. I was surpised at the strong military presence. I am not sure what that indicates, but everyone was very nice.

Nov 26th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Barb

I just returned a week ago. The people were very friendly & sympathic toward our problems. Of course, some of them were saying it to try to get us to buy something or take their taxi or whatever, but was still good to hear. Others were truly sympathic. Everyone we met said we were about the only Americans they had seen. There were lots of Germans traveling.

Dec 12th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Greg

Just returned from being in Thailand (BBK and Phuket) during the month of November. People very friendly to Americans.

Dec 12th, 2001, 10:34 AM
lynn

Returned last week from Thailand and it was fine.

Also visited Hong Kong and had no problems at all.

Lynn

Dec 12th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Michael from New York

Was in HK then Shenzhen, China, then Thailand - Phuket & Ao Nang - then Hong Kong. From Oct 24th to Nov 14th. Had no problems at all.

Michael From New York

Dec 12th, 2001, 05:11 PM
phil

My wie and I went on our honeymoon to Thailand last year. We had a great time.

If you are thinking of going in the spring, you might want to find out when Son-Gran (pronounced Saan-Graan) falls next year. It is a major national holiday that is known as the Water Festival. For lack of a better term, think of it as the National Water Ballon and Water Gun Fight Holiday. Your kids will have a blast shooting everyone and everhthing in sight. Just bring old clothes, the locals like to add talcum powder to the ballons!

Dec 12th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Apiwat

"Song Gran" festival is in April, during the hottest month. I hold both Thai and US nationality and have no problem here in Thailand. I feel that Thais have more problems while in the States!