Reload this Page >

Amari Palm Reef Resort, Koh Samui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 11:16 PM
Carol

I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Amari Palm Reef resort on Koh Samui recently? It looks very nice on the net but a guidebook said it was "shabby around the edges". Is this the case? Is the "Central Samui Resort" a nicer place to stay (I know it is much more expensive). I like the look of the Amari but things can appear different in pictures. Thanks !

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 01:35 PM
fiona

sorry I can't help Carol. We are also going to Koh Samui and staying in Chaweng Beach. I would also appreciate any peoples views on the resort and the Regent hotel.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 07:02 PM
Pas

While I cannot answer specifically about the Amari in Koh Samui, it would be somewhat surprising if the guide book description were accurate. Amari have a fairly good standard and have over the past year been refurbishing all of their hotels to a fairly high standard.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 04:14 AM
paul

Ive just returned from a stay at the Amari Palm Reef. It is the 4th time ive stayed, so that should answer your question. The hotel rooms were immaculate as were all the facilities.The only minus point is that the beach is quality is better in the centre of Chaweng, but the hotel does have 2 pools.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 03:40 AM
John

I personally would not recommend it and that goes for both the Amari and the Central. Why ? The Amari is cut in two, so most rooms are across the road from the beach side. Central is far too big. <BR> <BR>Would recommend Poppies (Chaweng), The Whitehouse (Chengmon Beach) or some of the smaller and cheaper bungalow style properties. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you want more info. <BR> <BR>John <BR>SuiteAsia.com travel community

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Jayne

If you love animals - and wish to help the terrible situation/conditions that animals are left on the island - please see this web site and make room in your luggage for supplies required on wish list... <BR> <BR>www.samuidog.com <BR> <BR>The animal experience completely sickened me to the extent I could never go back to Thailand... Land of the Smiling Scrams. <BR> <BR>