Airport Hotels in Singapore

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone suggest a good hotel to spend one night in before catching an afternoon flight the next day from Singapore to London.

Its the end of a 20 day trip and all we are looking for is something mid range to put our heads down for a night without having to trawl into town.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 05:17 AM

Singapore airport has hotel room in the airport.I've stayed there..clean and nice.
Check out the sing airport by doing a search on google.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 05:52 AM

There are sleeping rooms in the airport, clean, but quite spartan. I've stayed there several times when I was coming in on a transpacific flight at midnight and leaving about 8 the next moring on another flight. However, I wouldn't stay there is I had an afternoon flight.

It's not far from town to the airport, so if my flight was in the afternoon, I'd stay in town where there is lots to do and a huge variety of excellent hotels available.

If you are committed to staying near the airport, there is a Le Meridian very close to the airport. (There is also a Le Meridian in town so be careful when you make your reservations!)
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 06:02 AM

Unfortunately, the Le Meridien at the airport is currently closed for renovations. Otherwise it is a very nice hotel.

The website for the airport hotel is airport-hotel.com.

There is the Paramount Hotel which is about a 10 minute drive. I don't know anything about it, but it is listed as a 4-star (which in Singapore as opposed to many other places in Asia, actually means it is a 4 star), so it should be OK for one night:

Parmount Hotel
25 Marine Parade, Singapore
tel: 65-969-41441
fax: 65-6299-9827
Can't find a website but if you run a search under the name, lots of booking sites will come up, with pictures of the hotel as well.

The downtown hotel areas of S'pore are only about 20 minutes by taxi, so if you end up going into town it isn't that much of a hassle.
There is an
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 07:51 AM

Just head downtown, it's a about 20 minutes, it it easy, if you want simple mid-range 3 star then York, Elizabeth are both good, about SGD140, both near Orchard Road. The Allson around same price is different area but still convenient. For about US$70 try the New Park. If you want a small place the Royal peacock is a boutique hotel, also about same price.
There is not much dem,and around the airport for hotels as is so close to town, even staying at Meridian Changi only saves about 10 minutes.