Airfare within China

Search

Airfare within China

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare within China

I understand there is substantial savings if I wait to buy my China flights after arrival in the country. Can you tell me if there is any savings buying first class or business class from Beijing to Xian? The cost is $191 if bought in the US. Thank you.
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 11:12 AM

Yes, buy the ticket in Beijing. Having flown 10s of flights in China (most in business/first) I must say that I do not know why anyone would pay the extra money to fly first class on such a short route.
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 12:42 PM

We were in Beijing in March and booked airfare to X'ian through the business office in our hotel and we paid 530RMB($65.55USD).Don't forget you also have to pay an additional 50RMB airport construction fee before you can board the plane.
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 02:06 PM

I've flown the Beijing-Xian route. A relatively short flight...if I remember correctly...less than 2 hours. There is absolutely no need to waste your money...3x the price of coach... on First Class. Don't even know if there is a Business Class on these jaunts.

I don't understand why someone would throw out their hard earned money flying First Class within a country. From NYC or LAX to Beijing...YES! But for a 2 hr. flight, who are you trying to impress?
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Brendon for your response. It was just the information I was looking for. How many days in advance did you make the reservations?
luv2fly, I have neither the need or desire to impress anyone. I have flown business first within China before and prefer it.