Air Asia

May 16th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Air Asia

Can any reader give me a review of the services of Air Asia.. are they reliable, safe, punctual ?

Any experiences, please.
May 16th, 2005, 09:40 AM

I haven't flown them yet but I had the same questions. Others on this forum assured me they are safe and reliable. Based on that I've booked several flights with them for this Sept/Oct within Malaysia. From what I understand, it is a true budget airline and you must pay for anything you want on the plane, even water. But their prices are so cheap, who cares!
May 16th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Hi Nirvana,
We flew Thai Air Asia from Bangkok to Phuket in Dec. 2004. Our flight to Phuket was cancelled (perhaps because it wasn't full enough?) and we were put on a later flight which meant an airport wait of 3 to 4 hours. This was inconvenient but not that unusual. We received lunch coupons at one of the airport restaurants to make up for this delay and we were also not charged for being overweight on our luggage (15 kg limit per bag). When we returned to Bangkok from Phuket, the plane left on time. This was 2 days after the tsunami. We weren't charged for excess baggage on this flight either as that would have been rather petty under the circumstances (ie we were lucky to have luggage). The planes we flew on were older but I had read that they are kept in good working order. No frills service but that was fine with us on an hour long flight. The staff was young and pleasant. It cost our family of 4 about $150.00 CAD return for all of our return flights. These would have been about $800.00 on other airlines. You might search this forum for more comments. Hope this helps.
May 16th, 2005, 07:19 PM

i've flown on air asia a couple of times too penang . i just recently flown last week.. the airline is a verry good no frills airlines that does it's jobe (transport you from A to B..

remember too arive fairly early the turn around time is kind of fast..
May 16th, 2005, 09:02 PM

Flown them on 2 occasion for the past month and had one flight departed 3 hours EARLY and one flight 7 hours delay!

Seats are better than Thai in economy and the FAs are quite good. If they are on time then it's a very pleasant flight!
May 16th, 2005, 10:54 PM

We flew AirAsia from Bangkok to Singapore In Jan.2005.The flight was on time and pleasant-leather seats.no frills.You could purchase drinks,food etc.Best advantage was the incredibly cheap tickets-saved us around 1000 AUD.
I would fly AirAsia again(There were 5 of us)
Shooshy