Reload this Page >

Advice on 18 Days in India

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 01:41 PM
C. Arvanitis

We shall be in India for 18 days in Novemebr and will appreciate advice about what we should see. I have, of course, read the guides and fully understand that the country is enormous. We prefer not to travel with a group but to plan the trip through an experienced Indian agency, but we would benfit from the choices and experiences of other travelers. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your attention. <BR> <BR>Cyril Arvanitis

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 07:07 PM
Magi

GOA!!!!!!!! Beautiful beaches and less crowd, especially in November. Agra and the Taj Mahal is great, however, dissappointing (great from a distance...)when you get up close...try to plan other things while you are there and not to spend so much time on the Taj. Good luck!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 06:58 AM
yuko

hi, cyril. <BR>it will be good for you, the first time visiter to see well-known places such as taj. but you have to go to jaisalmer in rajasthan and also south india is beautiful and not touristic place. <BR>jaisalmer is a desert city.we took a taxi from jodhpur, because it's really hard to take neither train nor bus. <BR>in the south, there is a nice beach kovalam beach and ive heard pondicherry is beautifull too. <BR>i lived in western india, small city near mumbai for one year. if you have any question, feel free to e-mail me. <BR>good luck! yuko

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Dave

Goa is very hippy-dippy if your into that kind of thing. You might find a bunch of Americans college-kids with large trust funds just wasting their time smoking dope on the beach. Not the most cultural Indian experience, but definitely beautiful and mello. I was in southern India while I was there. Madras (Chennai) is not that exciting and would skip it if i were going again. Pondicherry is very interesting due to the French influence. Don't miss Kerala province. I've also heard that Bangalore is interesting...techie capital of India..,if you're into the dot-com thing. If you're up north don't miss Veranasi...my friends that were there swear it was the most spiritual place in the world. e-mail direct if you have any questions.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 12:25 PM
jeff

I was in India in February for about one week (Bangalore-Delhi-Agra/Taj) I would recommend that you definitely DO NOT attempt to drive Delhi to Agra for a Taj trip! <BR> <BR>Extremely crowded road with every mode of transportation known, all in use simultaneously---it was a very long day! <BR> <BR>...by the way the Castle/Fort that Shah Shiha built is every bit as interesting as the Taj, which is afterall only a giant tomb! <BR> <BR>The absolute best part of India is the food!

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 05:58 PM
Sunil

Hi, I am based in New Delhi and am in the travel line. I would suggest doing Agra and Rajasthan. If you are interested in seeing tigers, then you can visit Ranthambhore National Park which is in Rajasthan. This is the park which Clinton visited, and where he saw two tigers. If you wish to get an idea on how one can see a tiger at Ranthambhore, if one is lucky, check out my web-site which is presently under construction - www.tigerlandadventures.com <BR>I will be only too happy to assist you in your travel arrangements if you so desire. References of American tourists, and an American tour operator can be given on request. Best of luck!

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 11:03 AM
R. S. SOHAL

I think you should concentrate only on one part of India at a time and the north-east part of India will be a good choice for you. You can see the Ancient India, The Taj, old forts and architect etc. You can cover the Delhi-Agra-Jaipur Golden triangle and after that you can visit Pushkar, Near Ajmer (plan your visit to this place from 2-11th-Non'00 for The world renowned Camel Fair) Udaipur, Chittaurgarh, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Ahmedabad and Bombay (now Mumbai). <BR>I am an Indian who loves travelling, mostly travel on motorbike.