Advice for 3 month trip

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Shelley

Advice for 3 month trip

My husband and I are taking the time for a three month trip to the Far East- We know we want to go to Thailand (base), Nepal and Laos. Can someone recommend any other places that are exceptional or ideas for the trip. Thanks.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Roger

Bangkok is one of the 5 world air hubs, and perhaps the best. A short trip to Burma is wise in that it is safe and rather inexpensive. Thai Air has a "deal" AFTER you arrive. You can buy a 4-leg trip our to BKK to anywhere in Asia that Thai Air flys for about US$329 per person. Must be used within a year. BKK-Malay-Singapore-Bali-BKK is a good 4 leg run if you have time. Vietnam from BKK is about US$212 RT per person, Air France 747. Cambodia's AnkorWat is OK, but rather pricy on Bangkok Air. Don't miss Kho Samui, a Thai Island 550 Km south of BKK. Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Andrea

Absolutely DON'T miss Angkor Wat in Cambodia. I think the above poster is referring to the airline as being OK, not the site. It's a MUST SEE. You can do a search on this forum & pull up various rave reviews and travel journals. Also, what about China?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 06:14 PM
wayne

depends on what you want to see shelley, the level of comfort you require, whether you like noisy crowded lively cities or peaceful quiet sanctuaries, your budget, age, etc. if you can expound on your requirements i can give you suggestions. alternatively visit the "action asia" web-site . it publishes the authoritative guide on adventure travel in asia.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 01:00 PM
shelley

Thanks for the advice. I think the multi-leg ticket is good for us. We need a certain level of comfort on the trip-no camping and such but we are backpacking. We like to hike and are 25 and 35 years old.