Accessible travel info for India

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2024, 11:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any travel forums specific to India? Looking for up to date info about accommodation, transportation, sight seeing, food, etc. Travel book recommendations are also appreciated. Thank you!
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 03:47 PM

We found the Fodor's Essential India book to be helpful. We also used the services of Arvind at https://castleandking.com and booked most of our trip through him. Arvind had many ideas and suggestions and patiently worked with me to craft a personalized trip that worked well with our interests, budget and timeframe. If you search for my name you should be able to read my trip report.

We are normally independent travelers but were happy to have drivers, tour guides and hotels arranged for us as India can be a bit overwhelming at first.
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 03:49 PM

There are some. India Mike is probably the best served. However, there are weaker forums even a faint imitation of the old Thorn Tree. However, a great deal of information can be had from individual sites that have come up over time.