About CAMBODIA...

Nov 17th, 1998, 01:30 PM
iko

About CAMBODIA...

I accept any info about CAMBODIA.Hotels, guided tours in Angkor Wat area and security.
Thanks.

Dec 7th, 1998, 04:34 PM
jsykes

The Australian government's website cautions travelers to much of Cambodia but describes Angkor Wat as safe if you arrive by air.

For tours, consider contacting Diethelm Travel in Bangkok. Their websites are diethelm-travel.com and asiatour.com. They seem very professional and have a wide range of tours available, including private tours at every hotel price level. If you are going very upmarket, the Grand Hotel d'Angkor says they can arrange guides, etc. It works out to the same price as booking at tour.

Dec 17th, 1998, 05:46 AM
Belkacem

Hi iko !!!

Cambodia is Wonderfull, I spent a couple of weeks(March 98). I was very suprised because it's really nothing like unsafe.
May be you may be caution when you visit Angkor Wat if you try to visit the suburbs: But Ithing its not dangerous anymore since the Kmehr rouge gave up.
If your travelling by boat from Phnom penh to Angkor wat don't take the speedy boat. There is an other one wich needs 2 more hours to get there but its
safer.
Have Fun its very interresting.
Belakcem

Dec 18th, 1998, 07:27 AM
gillian

i agree. cambodia is a truly fantastic place to visit. i was in pnohm phen in july - which is when they were preparing for their first election - and also went up to angkor wat.

a totally amazing experience because they people are not jaded by tourism yet. as far as safety goes, i would avoid travel by boat - simply because the water levels are unreliable and the boats often run aground - that's when boat travel becomes unsafe. but if you're game - it's a fascinating way to see the country.

it's a very poor place, and before i left i had several people warn me to be prepared for that poverty and filth. both where there, but the people are so happy, peaceful and unexpected content. they have such sad, harrowing stories to tell but we have so much to learn from these people about what in life truly is important.

obviously i enjoyed it! but it was just such fun watching their delight at looking at the foreigners.

Mar 9th, 1999, 12:15 PM
swtalot

thank you so much for helping me wit all of my research. it's really great to hear feed back from all of youpeople on your experiances.

Mar 19th, 1999, 01:30 PM
Andy

Cambodia is quite simply a fascinating and stunning country to visit. The warmth of the Khmer people is humbling and the country has many treasures, not least the temples of Angkor.
Visit my site for my travelogue & photos from my visit to Cambodia in March 1998:
http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.brouwer/index.htm

Have a great time....I did!
Andy.