Reload this Page >

5 Days to Kill in Beijing

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 08:24 PM
Paul

I'll be attending a conference in Beijing in April. During the first few days I'll have some afternoon time to see the major tourist areas but find I'm going to have about 5 full days free. I'd like to try something a little different.. perhaps take a train trip to the countryside.. but am not sure exactly to where. Any ideas on how I could spend those 5 days would be appreciated. And I'm rather adventuresome and willing to try the road less traveled. Thanks!

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 08:36 PM
clarence

my name is clarence guo,a taxi driver and tour guide in <BR>xi'an----the home town of terra-cotta figures,i often take <BR>travellers to terra-cotta museum,banpo site,andcave dwelling village where you'll visit some family still live in the cave houses which built hundreds of years ago,and meet local farmers and kids there. <BR>if you need my help ,pls feel free to send me a email. <BR>pls visit my web site <BR>http://www.taxitour.com

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 08:56 AM
Emily

If you've never been to Beijing before, I would suggest that you spend all 5 of your full free days there, as well as your afternoons. It is one of the most wonderful cities in the world and even a month would not be enough to sample all its sights, sounds and splendors.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Emily

If you've never been to Beijing before, you should spend all 5 of your free full days there, as well as your afternoons. Beijing is one of the most marvelous cities on earth in terms of history, art, architecture and culture. It would take you over a month to exhaust all that it has in the way of sights and sounds and activities.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:26 AM
cb

True, there are many things to see in Beijing that a week is not even enough. But Xian is a must-see. Even though Clarence's post is advertising, that's <BR>worth looking into. There's a post somewhere else that has good words for him.