Search

30 day visa in the Phillipines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 day visa in the Phillipines

Hello!

Just want to confirm my dates before I book flights.

As a Canadian, I can get a 30 day free visa for the Philippines.

My flights LANDS in Manila October 26th at 0500am. The LATEST date for a departing flight would then be November 24th, is that correct? Should I book it for the November 23rd to leave some wiggle room if there are flight delays, or is that not a concern?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Sep 18th, 2023, 01:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Guess your flight was changeable after all

I personally would not cut it that short, but technically those are the relevant dates.

If your return flight is delayed or cancelled there might be repercussions for overstaying - or it might be fine???
Old Sep 19th, 2023, 06:02 PM

As a Canadian citizen, you are eligible to stay in the Philippines for up to 30 days without a visa. Your arrival date is October 26th at 5:00 AM, so the latest date you can depart without overstaying is November 24th at 5:00 AM.

To avoid any risk of overstaying due to circumstances outside your control, I recommend booking your return flight for November 23rd, just in case of potential delays with your outbound flight from the Philippines. As long as your return flight departs after midnight on November 23rd, you will be able to take full advantage of the 30-day period.
Old Sep 19th, 2023, 11:07 PM

I dont think #3 is correct when they say "the latest date you can depart without overstaying is November 24th at 5:00 AM."

Every country I have ever visited on this type of visa (which is quite a few) allows for whole days NOT timed departures i.e. you are free to stay until midnight on the day of departure. As long as your flight is schedule before midnight and you are checked in and through immigration, you wont have a problem even if the flight were delayed past midnight.

I suppose problems could arise if your departing flight was rescheduled to a day later but in those circumstances the airline would need to offer you the choice of either the later or an earlier flight.